2H parts needed ASAP!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I brought my 87 HJ60 to the mechanic suggested by ROM (thanks Nicholas) and it appears that something along the right hand side of the engine is leaking. Possibly the engin oil cooler or the oil filter housing assembly.
The problem for me now is finding the gaskets for the engine oil cooler, oil filter housing and intake mainfold. I went to Toyota and initially they were saying that it was going to be a three day wait to get the parts in. It's been two weeks now and still no gaskets. They now say because of a delay the gaskets should be in in another two weeks time. I can't wait that long!!!
I've inquired at a couple of auto parts stores and they haven't heard of these parts, yet alone heard of a diesel made by Toyota.
Can anyone suggest any ideas or places I can go to for these gaskets. I can't begin tearing apart the engine unless I have the parts I need to reassemble the engine.
Help need quick...... :bang:
-Ed

The 2H was used in Toyota forklifts. Try sourcing from a Toyota dealership that supplies to the industrial market...ie. Ens Industrial in Saskatoon.

4Wheel Auto has them or even Cruiserparts.net or SOR.

relax....
how bad can it be leaking? is it pouring?

Try tightening the bolts on the covers, but just a little.

Use ultra black rtv instead of cork gaskets.

Relax???
It's pouring. I drove it to the mechanic's shop (about 15km) and lost almost 2 litres of oil!!

I have full engine gasket kits for the 2H in stock... call Monday morning and I can send them out to you.

~John

I'm hoping it's not more than the gasket but nonetheless I do need those gaskets in order to remove the oil cooler case to see what's actually happening back there.
Do you have any ideas what may be the source of the leak.
It spews oil only when the engine is running once the engine is stopped there's only a leak of residual oil. And again the leak is coming from the oil filter housing/oil cooler case area. Other than that I can't say much more about the leak.
-Ed

The 2H was used in Toyota forklifts. Try sourcing from a Toyota dealership that supplies to the industrial market...ie. Ens Industrial in Saskatoon.

I enquired with them and they get their parts from Toyota as well. So they are of no help to me.
Zero parts in stock in Canada with one of each on back order-I'm the one that has them on backorder......!!

Any chance you recently changed your oil and the old gasket from the filter stuck to the filter head? That will cause a mess in a hurry.

Any chance you recently changed your oil and the old gasket from the filter stuck to the filter head? That will cause a mess in a hurry.

I checked that out already. That's not the case here....
Thanks anyways.

have you tried Radd?
cheers,
J

I called twice today and both times the parts guy said that they were busy and that he'd call back with stock availability and price. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.....

I called twice today and both times the parts guy said that they were busy and that he'd call back with stock availability and price. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.....

John posted up above here.

I have full engine gasket kits for the 2H in stock... call Monday morning and I can send them out to you.

~John

See, I forgot to call John today because I was trying to keep the phone lines open to help you out.... Yeah, that's it...

Dan

Have you checked your oil pressure? Is it below 95 psi or so when you start it from cold? It would be sad to replace gaskets, and have them blow right back out due to a stuck relief valve, as the 2h is prone to have. When I start the 60 cold, the pressure starts out at around 80 psi at idle, and after it is warm it will go to around 30-40 psi at idle, 60 psi at around 3000 rpm. I hope it is just gaskets that have gone bad, and not the oil cooler itself.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom