2H - Park them facing downhill for easier oil prime (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An interesting read is a recent thread (by Dashash) where a 2H unexpectedly lost oil prime: HJ47 stranded, EDIC clicking, turnover, no start

A contributor (hj 60) to that thread commented that 2H's dont lose oil prime when left parked facing downhill. I've since confirmed this with two older 2H engines, one in an HJ60, one in an HJ47..

• HJ47: Left parking facing uphilll.. took around 10 seconds to generate oil pressure at idle after a week. Same vehicle left facing downhill, left for a week, built prime after just 3 seconds.
  • HJ60: Left parking facing uphill overnight. EDIC shutdown the engine when prime didnt build after about 5 seconds. Same vehicle left pointing downhill overnight, EDIC didnt kick in to kill engine.

If you love your 2H you should park facing downhill if the opportunity arises :)

Interesting. I've always done that, but mainly 'cause the roof channel drains don't have a release channel at the back and I'd rather have rain scoot out down the windshield than run into the back of the truck when the hatch is open.

Thanks for giving me a second good excuse to park that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom