2H - Ironing out the creases... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GHW

Threads
Hi all

Finally joined the cruiser club!

I have a 2H with an aftermarket turbo with the 4 speed auto behind that, only done 223000km.

There are a couple of noises I would like some help trying to chase down and fix, and some more direction before I go pulling it all apart. The performance of the engine is really good though, highway driving is easy and had to also pull some heavy loads last weekend, didn't miss a beat.

1 -The first noise I haven't been able to find anything previously posted that may be similar. It is a tick tick noise. I believe it's coming from the back of the engine somewhere. I can only hear it when the engine is working, accelerating. I can drive at any constant speed and it's not there, but as soon as I put my foot down it returns. Revving in neutral it isn't there either. Happening in each gear. It starts somewhere between 1500 and 2000 rpm. Any ideas, potentially something to do with the pressure build-up in the turbo...? Or possibly a push rod? It also seems to be a constant sound, and not speeding up with the engine speed.

2 - The turbos seals must be buggered as it is leaking oil into the air intake pipe. The numbers on it are A/R 60, TO4. First jobs are to sort out the engine noises before the turbo, I imagine the 2H can put up with a bit of oil in the intake for the meantime.

3 -I am going to get the transmission looked at, as changing from 2nd to 3rd the engine blips, revs jump while it is changing. Possibly the torque converter slipping, the trans oil still looks quite clean, its not a nasty black. Any ideas or anyone had a similar problem?

4 -Slight engine knock from down low, believe it could be the main bearing? I plan to check all the tappets and take the oil sump off in the next two weekends.

Got some good plans for this truck so once I've sorted these things out the fun will really start! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cruiser.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom