2H into a '91 FJ80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if it would be worth it to have a cheap, but clean 1991 FJ80 with a blown motor have a good, strong 2H from my rusty HJ60 dropped into it? I have been told that this year of 80-series will accept this AUS motor as a drop in? Anyone done it or know if this is just a dumb idea?

It's been discussed. not too long ago. The general consensus was the truck is too heavy for a 2H, it would be sloooow.

But maybe if it had a turbo.....

I thought your only chance with 2H in a 80 series is turbo on it .. and boost more than 10 PSI .. ( at least ) with manual tranny. Good gearin for your tires etc ..

If you compared HDJ-80 that comes with 1HD-T engine with 168 HP and 280 Lb/p with a 2H ( nice engine but not enought as is ) 105 HP and 188 lb/p you have an idea ..

The Factoty 12H-T come with 135 HP and 232 lb/p that are similar numbers for 1HZ powered 80 series here in Panamá.

Anyone know if it would be worth it to have a cheap, but clean 1991 FJ80 with a blown motor have a good, strong 2H from my rusty HJ60 dropped into it? I have been told that this year of 80-series will accept this AUS motor as a drop in? Anyone done it or know if this is just a dumb idea?

Definately not a drop in and it will be even slower than the 3fe.

Better to put the 2H into a nice clean 60.

Ya.. there was a guy in Vancouver that tried out this combo...very briefly.
It now has a 12H-T in it's place and seems to perform a whole lot better.
I'm with Rosco put the 2H in a clean FJ60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom