2H injection pump leak at input pipe issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After rejoicing that all the various leaks had been solved, another depressing wet spot was noticed after a drive recently. I‘ve replace the rear main seal, the oil pan seal, the side cover seals. I’ve had multiple fuel injectors serviced (lapped) to resolve fuel leaks at the injectors. So, it is slightly upsetting to see that wet spot, to put it mildly. It appears that the short fuel pipe that provides fuel to the pump coming from the dual fuel filters, leaks on shut down at the injection pump/fuel pipe union. I tried putting a little pressure on the bolt, but to no avail. It doesn’t leak while running, only after it is shut down. I’m assuming that while its running the pressure is being released to the injectors and once shut down, the pressure is not released for some reason, and finds the weak point at that union. Looking at the service manual, it becomes obvious, I have no idea how this complicated pump works. Someone out there in MUD land does know and I’m hoping they will enlighten me. Taking the pipe off is the obvious first step and I’m going to do that today, but it’d be nice if anyone who’ve had this issue could chime in with suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I would go ahead and replace the banjo crush washers, remove the pipe at both ends and replace the four crush washers as you reinstall it. One crush washer each side of the two banjo fittings. When you remove the banjo at the injection pump check and see if has brass gauze screen, if it does - clean this thoroughly before reinstalling. When reinstalling the banjo bolts torque to 20ft/lbs (27Nm). After this has been done, its unlikely you'll have to reprime the system but you may have an extended crank period before it fires up.

I'm not really a fan of the older 2H Dual Filter setup.. if you ever come across the single spin-on filter setup second hand I'd snap one up, you'll need the spin on receiver, the feed pipe and the outlet pipe and it'll bolt right on to your existing inlet manifold.

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ll hopefully be able to source the crush washers and proceed. Your help is Much appreciated !

I’ll hopefully be able to source the crush washers
Plenty on ebay ect, but any diesel shop would have them. I doubt they are unique to a Toyota 2H.

Thanks Rosco. One of my parts guys told me the same thing. I’ll be removing the affecting pipe and I’ll take the crush rings to a local parts place.
thanks!!

I got the crush seals from the local parts store. Generic part but worked nonetheless. Leak is fixed and all is well again. Thanks guys for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom