2H fuel pump question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, looks like I got a leak from the second delivery valve holder. Anyone know if one can remove this delivery valve spring and holder to replace the gasket #22149-76010? Or do I need to remove pump and take it somewhere to rebuild it? Or can I try and tighten it down a little? Thanks.

69FD454B-B08B-4DC0-B560-7B66B91E652F.jpeg

Try loosening the keeper and snug down the element......gently. I've had loose ones on my 3b before. Leaked a bit when parked and made my starts rough till the air in the line purged. Tightening it just a bit stopped the leak.
g

+1 on gerg - thats the first step.

In addition to the good link above, I wrote a small guide on how to change them, complete with pics..

Nine times out of 10, snugging them down fixes it though.

2H Delivery Valve Gasket changing

Mine was puking fuel. Loosening the clamp revealed a loose nut (that's what she said). Tightened it down and solved all kinds of problems. Although I have not ruled out replacing the gaskets, the problem was fixed for now.

I know this is an old thread. I also had a couple leaking delivery valves. I removed and replaced all 6 delivery valve gaskets. After reassembly my 2H sputters and blows black smoke like crazy. I ran it thinking that it was just air but it won’t go away. Any ideas? It ran perfectly clean prior to repair.

Did you remove the delivery valve holders or just the valve? On Mercedes you have to recalibrate the pump if you remove the holder, but Im not sure about the 2H pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom