2H Exhaust manifold fliped ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Well .. I'm on the baticave on sat .. "working " in mate proyect ..

Seen the 2H exhaust manifold ( pre 85 one piece ) we thought .. mmm what happen if we flit it !

here to believe ..

main.php

It was pretty impresive to me .. coz I never ear / read / seen that the 2H exhaust manifold can be fliped and function as well as it do ..

Sure I'm the next on the row if all comes fine with this 2H

main.php

I have the 2 pieces manifold .. but it dosen't matter ..

main.php

So .. 2H guys welcome to the Turbo fever !

keep us informed... this could advance my turbo plans a bit...

tapage, are you saying that to install a turbo on the 2H, all one has to do is flip the exhaust manifod?

And not have to buy the 12h-t 2 piece manifold?

The one piece cast 2H manuals come on the 1980~85 engines. This is exactly the thread I was wanting to see, as I'm seriously considering doing the exact same thing with my 2H. I'm not sure whether the flipped manifold with turbo will clear the a/c compressor or not - how does it look?

Keep the pics comin'!!

Looks pretty high.........will you be able to close the hood?

tapage, are you saying that to install a turbo on the 2H, all one has to do is flip the exhaust manifod?

As far as you can see this and an adapter plate ..

That's correct ..

I'm not sure whether the flipped manifold with turbo will clear the a/c compressor or not - how does it look?

As you can see in the pics this 2H have the AV compresor already in .. and the turbo cleat perfect the AC compresor ..

What turbo are you going with?

Actually it's a brother of my KKK 26.6 ( mine it's a 26.8 )

Looks pretty high.........will you be able to close the hood?

Measure to take .. but I thought it will clear .. we are working in a low profile adapter plate to ensure that ..

After that I'm gonna try it in my 2 piece exhaust manifold ..

Ayuda por favor

Tapage,

Gracias por la concepto sincillo por montar el turbo. Yo tenemos interes in este proyecto.
Por favor, tome mas fotos de supporte para bomba de aire condicionare. Por que yo puede harcelo uno mismo de ustedes.

Hasta Cordobas,

Rick

Flipping the manifold is actually quite common among 2H "turboers" over here. This is especially true scince the 12H-T manifold (I have one for my 2H turbo set up) are getting harder and harder to find.

Flipping the manifold also usually means you can route the oil return thru the pushrod inspection cover, and not the oil pan.

Thought about posting a pic of my turbo, but the engine is so dirty that I'm to ashamed to...

Last edited:
I flipped my split manifold a couple years ago on my '87 to check for clearances. I had to punch the firewall a little because the flange interfered, and build an elbow because it sat up so high and close to the hood. Thats the first one piece manifold i've seen too!
Cool project, keep the pics coming.
Cheers!

Flipping the manifold also usually means you can route the oil return thru the pushrod inspection cover, and not the oil pan.

I ran my 3b with the oil return off and in a bucket to ensure oil flow. It was quite a bit of flow and pressure. I would be concerned with flooding of the rocker area if in the valve cover......guessing.. No?

Tapage,

Gracias por la concepto sincillo por montar el turbo. Por favor, tome mas fotos de supporte para bomba de aire condicionare.

Hey Rick .. thanks for you spanish .. definately refreshing here ..

Tomaré las fotos del soporte del compresor de AC con mi camara este sábado cuando estaré de regreso en el taller .. probablemente ya tengan listo el adaptador y veremos un par de medias de altura para el turbo.

I flipped my split manifold a couple years ago on my '87 to check for clearances. I had to punch the firewall a little because the flange interfered, and build an elbow because it sat up so high and close to the hood. !

That's a great notice .. coz I have in my Tencha the later split exhaust manifold .. and have concern about if it could function or not ..

I don't expect clearance problems with the firewall in my aplication since have more room in a 60 series than a 40 series ..

The reall issue should be the clearance with the hood .. lets see ..

I only imagine for a few seconds my Tencha with a hole in the hood for turbo clearance ..

I ran my 3b with the oil return off and in a bucket to ensure oil flow. It was quite a bit of flow and pressure. I would be concerned with flooding of the rocker area if in the valve cover......guessing.. No?

It seems that the rocker area of the 2H at least is capable of processing quite a bit of return oil. I have never heard that flooding of the rocker area has been a problem with the "flip-guys" I have met (or spoken to on the Norwegian forum). Of course, to be safe one could simply run a longer return line to the oil pan (but that may in turn interfere with the propshaft for the mecanical winch, as mine did)

Tomaré las fotos del soporte del compresor de AC con mi camara este sábado cuando estaré de regreso en el taller .. probablemente ya tengan listo el adaptador y veremos un par de medias de altura para el turbo.

Yo tengo una bomba de aire mismo de ustedes, pero yo no tengo el supporte. Yo puedo harcer una supporte al platina, pero es necessario a ver la posiciones de tornillos para montar la supporte al de motore.

Bueno, hasta Sabado entonces. Muchismo gracias amigo,

Rick

Rick .. here a pic of my AC braket that it's the same that we gonna use in the 40 with the 2H and fliped manifold ..

ac-bracket.jpg

Weekly update ..

On sat I was working on my Marilu .. but get time to do some work on the adapter .. here is.

main.php

great job don't you think .. ?

main.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom