2h diesel A.C. installation. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am installing a.c. on my 83 fj 60 that converted to a 2h/diesel h55 drivetrain. I changed it from 24 volt to 12 volt. I have managed to souree an a.c mount bracket, a replcement denso 10P15C 12 volt compressor, part of the belt tensioner,. I removed the wiring harness from an 83 fj60 with factory air and installed the evaporator box with new evaporater, pressure switch, expansion valve, new green o-rings, and a new condensor. An fj62 amplifier was obtained and I have power to to a.c. compressor/clutch. It was a plug and play. I am trying to source compressor manifold ports for the compresser because the fj60 gas compressors do not work. Will the fj62 ports fit on it. ? Does anyone have a source for the fittings to make up new hoses? Acquiring these parts have led me to some dead ends pre. Any help would be appreciated.

Hjtom

Still learning too lol, but I've learned a lot through trial and error and a lot of research into HVAC principles and stuff specific to our vehicles.

@hjtom does your compressor even have the threaded fittings on it? If yes, you can buy R134a adapter fittings from O'Reilly. I did because the fittings are just better than the old R12 style fittings, even though I'm not using R134a.

I think you might just need what they call r134 retrofit fittings ? @Spook50 knows his ac stuff..He chim in. 👍
I have no fittings whatsoever. FJ60 came without factory air. I bought a 12volt compressor like what came with the 2h nippon denso style.Ifor my diesel transplant but it has no manifold port fittings at all. Not haveing any luck finding a spent compressor just so I can mine the ports. The fj60 gasser had a different style compressor and ports do no clear the mounting bolts of the compressor.

I think fj62 Compressor will work. @CenTXFJ60 did this on a 12HT which has the same AC brackets as a 2H

I think rockauto has them for the fj62

If the bracketry works out and the voltage matches I would expect you can use a 3FE compressor. Still leaves the issue of your service fittings though. On the 3FE version there's a piece on the top that the hoses connect to and also has the threaded R12 style sittings. Sounds like that piece (and the appropriate hoses) is what you need as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom