2H coolant hose at water pump, how to replace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all. I have a 1987 HJ60, and I'm trying to replace as many hoses and such as possible as a sort-of baselining. There is a small hose between the water pump, and another housing.

I've attached pictures. It looks really difficult to replace without removing the water pump. My pump looks to be fairly new (it's still shiny black), so the PO must have done it just prior to me purchasing the truck.

Anyway, has anyone replaced this line without removing the pump? Possible?

Thanks....

IMG_20190408_160237.jpg

IMG_20190408_160250.jpg

This is the bypass hose. Yes its possible to change this without removing anything. Use a bit of rubber grease on the inside of the ends of the hose and dump it in a bucket of very hot water prior to trying to sneak it in.. it goes in though, every time.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for your reply. I'll get it outta there and replace it. I was hoping that was the answer because whoever put this one on really cranked down the clamps and it's gouging the hose.

To get the old one off, just cut it with a razor etc. Make sure you put the clamps on first.

yup .. the new one should be fresh and much more flexible which allow you to bend it half in order to fit it ..

To get the old one off, just cut it with a razor etc. Make sure you put the clamps on first.

Speaking of....can I even get to that back clamp? I'll have to run out to the truck and look, tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom