2H Converison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me in the right direction or answer some questions. I would like to put a 2H out of a forklift into my 1986 FJ 60. Will I be able to use the 4 speed and bell houseing that are currently in the 60? How about the radiator can it be reused?
Can I use the same wiring harness? This is all new to me, I'm sure down the road I will be back for turbo Info.
Thanks
Joe G

Swap

Can anyone point me in the right direction or answer some questions. I would like to put a 2H out of a forklift into my 1986 FJ 60. Will I be able to use the 4 speed and bell houseing that are currently in the 60? How about the radiator can it be reused?
Can I use the same wiring harness? This is all new to me, I'm sure down the road I will be back for turbo Info.
Thanks
Joe G

yes you can use any FJ tranny 3, 4 or 5 spd as long as the forklift had the origional H flywheel ...the B series had different output shafts...and who knows what a forklift would have..??

Radiator...yes and no...can be used but needs to be changed up... the top filler and hose connections needs to swap ends..this can be done by most radiator shops...I use ma and pa shops usually cheaper and willing to work.

Harness..again yes and no..is the engine 12 or 24v?...I would suggest buying a harness from Canada or OZ..OZ would be best since there 12v and not salt corroded...it will make your life MUCH easier..you will find that the HJ harness will run down the opposite side of car. you will want to change the engine from 24 to 12v if thats what it is...since you dont have a donor vehicle..if kept 24v your would have to change all relays, wiper, heater motors light bulbs etc... The harness (wire) does not care if its 12 or 24v

And Turbo...yes you probably will...but thats down the road...I went with a "Turbo Glide" kit out of OZ...not cheap...but pretty much as plug and play as it gets...(if you can call it that) Without turbo, you never want to see a lighted on ramp....you'll be merging with 70 mph traffic (Ca) doing maybe 40...Look for horns and finger... now with turbo...faster than any 2F Ive been in

Last edited:
If you get a chance, would you mind reviewing the attached photos to see if it is an original h flywheel like you mentioned in your last post?

I am unable to determine it on my own accord and you seemed knowledgeable in that area. If you cannot look at the photos and determine this, is there another way to find out on my own? Learning as I go........
2Hrearmeasurement.jpg
2Hrearhsg.jpg
2Hrearmeasurement2.jpg

Thanks for all the input, by the way! Helped me to better understand what I am buying and searching for.

Thanks for all the input, by the way! Helped me to better understand what I am buying and searching for.

This really should be moved to diesel tech or somewhere else.

The bellhousing and flywheel you pictured are useless for a conversion. You need a 60 series 2h/12ht bellhousing and flywheel ( I have these if you are looking to buy).

There have been other posts regarding the forklift 2H engines not being tuned the same as the vehicle versions. The IP is likely different and the usable rev range for the engine may be significantly different as well as the output rating. Ive never looked into it - you should post in the diesel section as someone else likely has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom