2H 24V glow plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RocketCityCrzrs

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rocketcitycruisers.com
So I bought a 2H to replace the H motor in my HJ45 Troopy. The 2H (I believe) was a 24v because the EDIC motor was labeled as 24v. I don't have an alternator or starter but am going to go 12v because that is how the truck is setup now.

Question is, do I need to replace the glow plugs in the 2H because they were originally 12v or does it matter. If I do are the H plugs compatible with the 2H?

Hi Rory. You are asking quite a potentially complicated question, unfortunately. There are a lot of factors, including what kind of glow system the truck has, what kind the motor originally had, and their voltages.
It might be good for you to sit down and do some reading.

A thread to start with.

What was the 2h in before you bought it? I would try the H glow plugs after making sure the physical size is the same

Hi Rory. You are asking quite a potentially complicated question, unfortunately. There are a lot of factors, including what kind of glow system the truck has, what kind the motor originally had, and their voltages.
It might be good for you to sit down and do some reading.

A thread to start with.

So my truck now has a 12v glow system that is manual (roll the key back and hold it for 15-30 seconds based on ambient temp). Thank you for the link, I will dig into that as well.

What was the 2h in before you bought it? I would try the H glow plugs after making sure the physical size is the same

This is a million dollar question, as I have no clue. I got the motor after it had been sitting on a shop floor for a while and it was aquired by that shop with a pallat of 4 other 2H motors.
I was kind of thinking the same thing though about trying them. If they work on the existing wiring system, and they fit in the 2H in theory they should perform the same task

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom