For Sale 2H 24v altenator/vacuum pump and starter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
I'm parting out a July 1986 HJ60 and will be selling the engine as a core. I have the altenator/vacuum pump and the starter available.

Starter, $150
Altenator c/w vacuum pump SOLD

Last edited:
Bump!!

Still here!!

Any chance of parting with the head alone? My truck is crippled with a failed combustion chamber 250 miles form home..... The failure may have damaged the head beyond replacing the bad chamber. Thanks,
Jeff

Any chance of parting with the head alone? My truck is crippled with a failed combustion chamber 250 miles form home..... The failure may have damaged the head beyond replacing the bad chamber. Thanks,
Jeff

This is just the altenator/vacuum pump and starter, no engine parts, sorry.

If you have a dropped/damaged pre-combustion chamber a decent engine shop should be able to hot-weld the head to fix it. I've had to do that before on a 3B and I had the 3B as a daily driver for a year afterwards with no issues.

Hot weld- I'll propose it if i comes to it. As a welder I know how hard it is to make a lasting strong weld on cast iron.... It is good to know that there is precedent. When your combustion chamber went how bad off was the engine after? I lost a piston but cylinder walls were good which seems a miracle. Thanks,
Jeff

When your combustion chamber went how bad off was the engine after? I lost a piston but cylinder walls were good which seems a miracle. Thanks,
Jeff

When I lost a pre-combustion chamber it shattered the piston, chipped the liner and head and in the process locked up the engine. I had the liner pressed out and a used liner installed with the matching piston, hot-welded the head and replaced the pre-combustion chamber and then drove it. I sold the truck after a year as we were heading to Guatemala and didn't need two BJ60's.

Fortunately the pre-combustion chamber fell while idling otherwise the con rod or crank would have been damaged not to mention a possible hole in the block.

Jan has already responded to your search for a head and he has the 2H engine that I had.

Wow, I was lucky I guess.

I was loaded at at somewhere around 8000' heading up along steep hill. With my GF & dad in the truck for good measure, on the day we left Saline Valley after 5 days there. I lost the piston (broken parts embedded in top of it), the valve looks okay but I'll have it replaced anyway, the cylinder wall is unscathed, the connecting rod is good but it may go too for good measure. The real trouble is the head- the cavity for the combi chamber has been enlarged slightly. I killed the engine fast. Machinist is pressing in one of the old ones to see if it will stay. I had hoped to know Monday but time is slowed in Bishop, CA where the machine shop is. The worst of this is that it is all happening 250+ miles away from me across the Sierras.

Crossing my fingers.....
Jeff

Still got these. Make me an offer! I can always use a good laugh :)

No one needs these?

CG-

Would these fit a B series? Especally the alt and vacuum pump...?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Back to the search!

the mounting is different-they would not fit, unfortunately.

I've got a spare 3B altenator at home. Let me confirm this when I get home later this week (the spare 3B altenator is NOT FOR SALE).

Just looked at my parts stash and the 3B and 2H altenators have the mounting "ears" 1/2" further apart on the 2H altenator. The "ear" that tightens the belt is also at a different location on these two. I'll post pics later.

where abouts are you located? Wondering if it's the same starter for a 12ht...i could use a spare.

where abouts are you located? Wondering if it's the same starter for a 12ht...i could use a spare.

Probably the same. 24v. I'm in Cranbrook, B.C. but I travel ALOT so I might pass by you one of these days.

When will you be coming by surrey and how what kind of mileage was on the 60 before parting it?

Coming down around thanksgiving. I can't recall the mileage on the HJ60. I'm guessing around 350,000kms.
Let me know in plenty of time.

Bump again. Make an offer.

The altenator might be sold. No dibs on the starter yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom