2h/12ht piston rings needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Blew the head gasket on a 12ht. Engine only has very low miles on it since complete rebuild so I'm not sure why I'm seeing evidence of blowby on one cylinder. Cylinder looks fine. Anyway while its tore down may as well pop the piston out and slap on a new set of rings it.

I only need rings for one piston std bore. Does anyone happen to have them laying around? Or know where I can source one quickly? Don't want to wait a month for them to arrive from Oz.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help with the rings. What is the evidence of blowby?

Oil in the combustion chamber on the no 3 cyl. It not excessive but there's enough to be evident. Its also evident in the turbo. It was using a quart or two of oil between changes. This is my first 12ht so I thought that comsumption might be normal but probably not for a fresh rebuild. Theres about 20k km on the rebuild. I'm guessing the rings didn't seat right.

Checking it out now by bringng the pistons almost to the top of the block. Poured some oil in both cyl with pistons near the top. Letting it sit over night. If the oil is gone in one and not the other...probably time for some new rings.

Cool. They will use some but not what you have been experiencing. While you have the rocker cover off, check the baffle on the breather to ensure it isn't allowing carry over into the intake.

Oil will leak past all those rings overnight so it's not a good indication of wear. If you're sure it was oil in the cylinder and not just a splash of diesel than I'd check that cylinders rings to ensure they were all properly installed.

Yeah it leaked faster in the one cylinder than the other as I watched it yesterday. There is a bit of oil in the intake some its getting past the baffle.

As murphy's law would have it...I have some new 2h/12h rings on the shelf but they are .50 over:bang::bang:

Can you think of anywhere in OZ that might be willing to ship me some over? The guy I normally go thru isn't putting in an order for at least 3 weeks.

Check out Radd Cruisers in BC.

They are available as a set from Toyota in the US market.

13011-68030 (does all 6 pistons and comes as a matched set).

I tried that number before I even posted this thread. I came up nill. What is the price for a set? I'm most likely going to have to by a set anyway.

I tried that number before I even posted this thread. I came up nill. What is the price for a set? I'm most likely going to have to by a set anyway.

I just ordered a set for another customer. Should have it in about 8 days.

Not cheap. Toyota list: $465.22

Hmm figured they wouldn't be cheap. How much would the set cost me if I got them thru you....toyota list price?

I was unsure is well till I started searching but they are the same part number for 2h and 12h. As you know the pistons are obviously different but the rings are the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom