2FE in a 72 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I am in the process of purchasing a 2FE from a fellow ih8mud man and am concerned about room. I have spend most of the last 2 days reviewing treads on this and have searched every possible key words I can think of. In one post I read a person had to move their brake booster 3" over for it to fit with the manifold. That is the only post I found that sounded like it would not fit as it is. Has anyone done this upgrade that can tell me the cons and pros to this. I know there will be a lot issues and am willing to spend time and more research but also am not wanting it to be down for months. Also any tips on the wiring harness? He will be providing most all of the components needed such as the ecu and harness. I will have to source a pump. I appreciate any input you may have.

There are a few treads about but I believe the brake booster is the only real issue on left hand drives. Right hand drives have plenty of room :D

Add

I'm glad I did not add the above link I wold have been beaten :crybaby: but that's all that will beat my 2F-ETI

There are a few treads about but I believe the brake booster is the only real issue on left hand drives. Right hand drives have plenty of room :D

Add

I'm glad I did not add the above link I wold have been beaten :crybaby: but that's all that will beat my 2F-ETI

I was just about to add the link to your build, but remembered RHD (lots of other stuff that ain't stock) :)

I was just about to add the link to your build, but remembered RHD (lots of other stuff that ain't stock) :)

RHD lots more room for stuff :D

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did read that post and it one of the more informative. I was told tat the 2FE is about 2" taller than the 3FE and that may make the differance. I have to tell you though you have one bass machine. You have done some impressive work, keep it up.

Search for threads started by Pappy, he's put (or is putting) a 2FE in a 40. Not sure how much he has posted up though.

I test fitted a 3FE manifold to the F head and it cleared the (non-tandem) booster in my 75 FJ40 LHD tub with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom