2FE Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 88 fj62 that the motor is pretty much done. Lots of blow by and if you take the Oil cap off while its running it looks like a smoke stack on a locomotive. The motor is de-smogged. Luckily I live in a state with no emission testing so I'm good there. We have a good running 2F spare at the house and was looking at putting in the 62 but was concerned about making everything work with the automatic transmission. I don't really want to change it over to a 4 speed. I have searched numerous threads about 2FE's but the ones I found were more about complete re build. Main thing I was looking for is can you bolt up the intake / exhaust or do you have to swap the head from the 3fe to make it work. I saw in a couple threads that you use the 3fe distributor. Any advice would be appreciated.

You have to swap the head, distributor, intakes, etc. and making all the accessory drive stuff line up is a lot of work.

basically all you use is the later 2F block and rotating assembly, everything else comes from the 3fe engine.

there was a write up in trails, 10+ years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom