2FE conversion wont turn, Fuel problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com
I have a 1984 FJ60 and recently installed a fuel injection system from a 1988 Fj62 into it. everything with the computer seems to be working properly and no codes are showing. We installed a fuel pump (MSD) by the fuel tank and it's pumping out 70psi at the engine bay. The fuel stops at the fuel pressure regulator every time i test it, ive replaced the regulator and it still wont pass it, ive even applied vaccum with a special pump to the regulator and no fuel goes passed the fuel pressure regulator. not all the fuel lines have brass rings on them but i figured this would be ok for the testing part. And the car does have half a tank of gas.

IIRC, the fuel pressure regulator is on the forward end of the fuel rail, opposite the inlet. The thing you are likely referring to is the fuel pulse dampener. It doesnt have any vacuum nipple.

sounds like a clogged rail maybe? have you checked for flow thru the rail?

And Stump brings up a point...can you post a pic so we are all oriented to the same things. Sometimes names can be confusing depending on what side of the country you view the truck from...

so, hope I'm not insulting you, but fuel is delivered to the injector rail from the pump, to the filter, thru the Fuel Pulsation Damper into the rail and to all the injectors and then out thru the fuel pressure regulator, back to the tank...I cant recall the spec for the pressure, but I suppose a regulator could fail closed beyond its operating limit, so if you haven't already- and again, I hope I'm not pissin ya off if you already know- check the factory spec vs your actual and make sure you're in the window.
if you don't have your FSM...go here >For Sale: - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom