2F with Sniper running rough all the sudden (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDNs78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Sniper has been awesome, especially since I dialed in the timing a few months back. However, when I fired it up yesterday after it sat for a week it is running rough. Seems to hesitate and just sounds off like it is stumbling on itself. No back firing and it turns right over. All the numbers on the Sniper handheld look great. Anything I should specifically be looking for? I checked timing and it was perfect.

If you can (with the SD card installed), flip on logging right after start and go for a drive...then share the log file here. Might lend some insights.

(It's something like Home > Logging > Start Logging, but can't recall exact flow)
I will do this! Thank you for the input. It wouldn't be something like my valves need adjusting, correct? Just so strange it just started running like crap yesterday after it sat for a week.

Same exact symptoms as @JDNs78FJ40 was having. Truck's been sitting in storage all winter. Fired up today but did not want to idle and lots of stumbling.

I ended up not giving up and taking it for a drive after about 5 minutes of trying to keep RPMs up it started running just great. Drove it for 10 mi before I parked it. Everything is running great except I am noticing a slight stumble in the idle about 2 or 3 times per minute. AFR numbers are what they are at a healthy idle.

I think the engines got a pretty good amount of miles on it, haven't checked the plugs yet, but as always ran good since I owned it.

PXL_20230517_013127303.jpg

PXL_20230517_013044336.jpg

I'd start by making sure that the injector wiring clip is still secured where it's supposed to be. While you're there, I'd zip tie them or replace them.
sniper injector.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom