2f with header install advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I obtained enough parts to put together an FJ60 using a 2f with headers. Does anyone have an opinion on installing the engine with or without the headers? They are the two piece design with "y" pipe. It seams to me that the intake and header should be installed at the same time because of the design but not sure if the header gets in td.he way of the install. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Is this they style your talking about? Easiest way I found to mount everything is get the SOR manifold stud kit. This let's you arange the 3 separate pieces against the studs and then use the nut to slowly tighten each one arranging parts and working back and forth tightening kinda like bolting a wheel ina star pattern.

IMG_3731.JPG

I have bar same one. Been almost 10 years since I did it but I remember the header and intake mounting flange thicknesses were a spec off and created exhaust leaks. I hade to add some washers cut in half to make things tighten down correctly.

Yes, that's the header. I like to put as much of the engines together before dropping them end so I don't have to bend over the fender to finish of accessories. Can I install the header before dropping in the engine? It would make things easier if it's not too much of fight dropping the motor. Any input would be appreciated. I'm new to the 60 scene.

Yes, that's the header. I like to put as much of the engines together before dropping them end so I don't have to bend over the fender to finish of accessories. Can I install the header before dropping in the engine? It would make things easier if it's not too much of fight dropping the motor. Any input would be appreciated. I'm new to the 60 scene.

It will make tightening up the rear manifold bolt closest to he firewall.

It could make the engine going in process really delicate to not catch the headers on anything.

I did it with no issues.

Obviously don’t bolt on the bottom pipes until it’s in.

Me too. Easy out of the truck.

If you have the header ceramic coated before install it will live forever in there and cut temps down

I had mine done 9 years ago and when I just replaced the motor I refused the header with just a bit of touch up paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom