2F w/ Selco Remy Dizzy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Trying to bench run my soon to be transplant, the dizzy that it came with feom the guy i bought from is an old delco-remy, at TDC the rotor is pointing away from the block (looks like 180 degrees reversed)

Am i right in treating this the same as the other dizzys and it should be pointing near the #4 cylinder instead??

Thinking to loosen it and try to twist it around, good idea or bad?

D11BFC68-D206-4E73-BD49-C50D4F3EF0FA.jpeg

333C07D1-7AA0-4CB8-9C97-800847A43E19.jpeg

Hey all,
Trying to bench run my soon to be transplant, the dizzy that it came with feom the guy i bought from is an old delco-remy, at TDC the rotor is pointing away from the block (looks like 180 degrees reversed)

Am i right in treating this the same as the other dizzys and it should be pointing near the #4 cylinder instead??

Thinking to loosen it and try to twist it around, good idea or bad?

View attachment 3319861

View attachment 3319862

is that in-fact a TOYOTA Dizzy

or

a modified Delco unit ?

i do not see the vacuum diaphragm dash pot advance or non-advance on the side ?

if that actually is a Remy - unit there ,,,,,

- ....:poof:

- i have a decent MED cap Vacuum advance TOYOTA dizzy you can have the diaphragm holds vacuum and the breaker plate moves freely ,

it's yours if you like

PM me we can arrange shipping to tghe GREAT WHITE NORTH

matt

Last edited:
Im learnin, bought this a couple years back with repowering my 40 as my current 2F is pretty tired, havent spent any time till this spring and am finding some spots that need attention (exhaust gasket and bolt, this dizzy, next will be carb)
Wondering if @trollholl is still in business to sort me out

Any advice is appreciated, do you think spinning this thing will help my timing??
Dont feel like wrecking anything tonight

There is an advance knob on the side but will be inaccessible if i do spin it

There is an advance knob on the side but will be inaccessible if i do spin it

I have this

If you like it’s yours

This will get you pointed the the right directen

It’s a points unit and will work with your ballast coil laying bellow

I also have a decent set of plug wires I’ll donate to help you here too

image-jpg.3319891

image-jpg.3319892

Last edited:
You got a big heart Matt! Thanks!

You got a big heart Matt! Thanks!

no problem ,

the issue here is you do not really know what all has been done to that remy dizzy to make it that far into a land cruiser engine , let alone how to set it per the FSM and such ?

i personally have not seen this before ?

Tbh its been a struggle to fond any info, apparently its a fit for chev/toy inline 6’s
Local pal of mine sho specializes in rare parts was able to source the cap and rotor, the first one was burnt up pretty bad, but in setting the timing i noticed that it was 180 degrees out
Seems early F motors used RD dizzys but the forum consensus is that theyre grenades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom