2f vacuum/idle adjust help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
would really appreciate some help getting the cruiser running right. All smog intact, stock 79. I am currently trying to adjust carb screws and test vacuum. just watched video on yourube about 2f carb adjustment using the lean-drop method. i have vac guage and a tachometer hooked up. carb was just rebuilt and fuel level is just below halfway in window; thinking of puling air horn and adjusting a bit.

symptoms: wont idle unless choke is pulled out about a 1/8 of an inch, or air horn is covered by my hands some. mix screw is 1.5 turns and speed screw is all the way down.

questions:
1.what do i do with the main vacuum ports with air cleaner top off when checking vacuum? i have plugged the smaller vac lines. (block port and 1” line to pulley, pictured). a lot of air is passing through these. I need air cleaner off to adjust screws but this messes with vacuum??

2. is there an adjustment on choke cable? tension is good and i have 3/4” cable hanging past tightening screw

3. Is there ideal spot to insert vac guage?

5758DAE6-175A-4CE8-9BE5-67CD881BF028.jpeg

ideas?

sounds like a vacuum leak if it needs choke to idle

You say air is passing through those lines, coming from the smog pump it will and that doesn't matter.
If it's blowing it's fine, sucking is vacuum and would be a leak.

with air cleaner on and all lines hooked up vacuum reads lateing timing in the 10-15 range. cover air intake and goes up to normal range but rpms race

just adjusted the dizzy and it equalized. im sitting right at 17 psi idling at 650 ish. took a minute or 2 to kick in, kinda wierd. scratching my head and trying to figure out what could possibly be causing a major vacuum leak. I had to step back as I was trying to keep it idling and then all of a sudden something changed and now she’s good. Tightened up the dizzy👍🏻😁🤞

issue is back after sitting for an hour. will not maintain vacuum.

seems to me whatever started working earlier is now stuck open or shut or malfunctioning. pretty odd. has to be a main line or valve or something.

yes have light but did not check yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom