2F upgrades for sale - Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.madorbit.com
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/486655-weber-38-38-6-2-1-header-indianapolis.html

I'm doing a 350 swap, and I don't need these things anymore. Pick em' up! I also have a rebuildable 2-F available free for the taking for pick-up only. You can have all of the 2-F stuff I've got lying around (home made HEI distributor, extra bare head, extra lots of things) if you come and get the engine. It's located in Lawrence Indiana.

Best 2f up-grade I ever did was replace it with a 3fe

Best 3fe up-grade I ever did was replace it with a 350 sbc

I think Gumby needs a valve cover.....just sayin

Best 2f up-grade I ever did was replace it with a 3fe

Best 3fe up-grade I ever did was replace it with a 350 sbc

I agree. I am just finished worrying about where that puff of smoke is coming from, running it cold, or why it just backfired etc etc etc. It's a great engine, I'm not arguing that, but they don't make them that way anymore for a reason. Every 2F I've owned has had chronic issues. They were all high-mileage and it's par for the course, but compared to a small block chevy it's a real headache. I'd rather just drive my 40 instead of worrying about that sound, or smell. Not to mention I can finally afford to do it. :)

When a stock L05 outperforms a 2F that has $1,500 worth of trick upgrades and is much more reliable the choice is pretty clear. It's not like I'm the 1st person to do it either. It wouldn't be so popular if it was a raw deal. EFI is pretty sweet too.

Last edited:
Get that valve cover to Clint or Ron if you can

They can bring it to PYS for Gumby......

I should probably come over and pay you a visit in the near future. I am still dealing with 2Fs and could probably use some of what you have. Send me a PM and we'll hook up.

Yeah....I didn't mean deliver the free stuff

I meant they could come get it

But a good cruiser guy would drive a free valve cover to Chicago.......imm just sayin

Yeah....I didn't mean deliver the free stuff

I meant they could come get it

But a good cruiser guy would drive a free valve cover to Chicago.......imm just sayin

I would fly it there in my private jet, if I were independently wealthy and had nothing better to do. But only if they reopened Meigs Field. and had 12 hookers waiting for me on the ground. I've heard the hookers there are amazing!

Meigs is an awesome place to fly into. Did It many years ago when I had a current license.

toyman317 said:
Meigs is an awesome place to fly into. Did It many years ago when I had a current license.

I always liked that airport I was upset when Daily ruined it. I've never flown into it, but we used to go there a lot when I was a kid.

Thanks for the motor mike!

I keep getting things from Indy. I need to see if someone would just trade me something for my 60, then I could start leaving things here!

Yep, its the brown one.
I haven't started it this summer, but It ran this winter. It is licensed and insured.

I'd trade for quite a few things, I figured it would go just because I wasn't trying to get cash for it.
It is costing me insurance, and registration fees just sitting there.

I'm in need of wheels/springs/shocks/lifts for just about any toyota product...
If i had to put a $ on it, I'd guess it's a $700 truck... I'd trade for cash and stuff, $400 and a set of decent tires? $300 and a set of really nice ones?

...just toss an offer out there, no one else even bothered!

2f

Nice motor... I'll need to source some later 2f (flat top) pistons, but otherwise it all looks good.

Your oily #4 cyl wall is nicely polished. So I'm guessing it got hot at some point. However, no scoring and a very small ridge on it. How many miles were on this one? can't have been much it has way less of a ridge than my 60 did when I did the hg. IIRC that was at about 125K.

In any case, thanks!

Oh no problem! I'm glad that you can use it! I pulled it out of the back yard rust heap '76. When I had the head off it was a very small ridge as well. I did not machine anything, I pushed the pistons out with a slight wiggle. I just ran a dingle-ball hone through the cylinders. The P/O had said he had the head re-done several years before it was parked. His mechanic wasn't familiar with the 2F because he had the head gasket on wrong and the head wasn't getting oiled. The guy had a copper tube from the oil filter housing to the head when I got it. I remedied that when I replaced the head gasket. I would measure the cylinders to determine if they've ever been machined or not. I would measure everything the crank was realllllly easy to turn after I reassembled it. It's a good starting point that's for sure. :) Oh to answer your question, I have no idea how many miles are on it. If it's been machined who knows. If it's never been machined then I would say less than 100k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom