2F to 2H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How hard is it to switch from a 2F to 2H? I searched and could find a thread but if there is one please direct me to it. Thanks

Well, there are a lot of things in play here. You would need to explain a bit more of your situation for a helpful response.
- do you have a donor vehicle with the 2H?
- what year is your truck?
- are you keeping your transmission?
- do you have the wiring harness from the 2H vehicle?

Well, there are a lot of things in play here. You would need to explain a bit more of your situation for a helpful response.
- do you have a donor vehicle with the 2H?
- what year is your truck?
- are you keeping your transmission?
- do you have the wiring harness from the 2H vehicle?

No donor vehicle
Yes I am, 4 speed
Yes with the ECU

I think the only other thing to be concerned about is whether the harness came from a 24V Canadian truck. If so, you would need all the 24V motors (starter, wipers, heater blowers, rear hatch defroster glass, horns, etc.)

- you'll need the 2H motor mounts, and cut off the existing and weld on the new. That will get the engine in there.
- rad is different
- power steering lines are different
- you need to add a fuel separator, and re-plumb the fuel system
- ignition switch *might* be different

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I can look back through my pictures of when I did this swap to see what else is different.

If you're a good auto electrician, I think you could overcome a lot of things - even keep the truck using it's existing 12V harness, and just wiring-up the diesel stuff in it's own harness. I'm not good at auto electrical, so I couldn't imagine doing this swap without a donor vehicle.

I think the only other thing to be concerned about is whether the harness came from a 24V Canadian truck. If so, you would need all the 24V motors (starter, wipers, heater blowers, rear hatch defroster glass, horns, etc.)

- you'll need the 2H motor mounts, and cut off the existing and weld on the new. That will get the engine in there.
- rad is different
- power steering lines are different
- you need to add a fuel separator, and re-plumb the fuel system
- ignition switch *might* be different

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I can look back through my pictures of when I did this swap to see what else is different.

If you're a good auto electrician, I think you could overcome a lot of things - even keep the truck using it's existing 12V harness, and just wiring-up the diesel stuff in it's own harness. I'm not good at auto electrical, so I couldn't imagine doing this swap without a donor vehicle.

It is Canadian and I am not a good auto electrician. SO thank you very much for your insight on this, I might be passing on that.
Thanks again

you think the 2F is slow, try a 2H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom