2F to 2H conversion questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am switching out the 2F on my '84 Fj60 for a 2H. I have already gotten the engine with a 12 volt electrical system, bell housing, larger starter, and ECU. I am looking into the motor mounts and the wiring for the tach that reads off of the fly wheel. What am I missing? Thanks so much.

-Ian

and ECU.

-Ian

ECU? Maybe you mean edic? Which controls the shut down and start up functions...

If you place a wanted ad in the diesel classifieds you may find the mounts etc.

does the 2h have a vaccum pump on the alernator?

Yes ..

You can buy a electric vacc pump .. or buy a other kint of aternator with vacc pump and adapt it.

Here's a list off the top of my head:
1) Frame tabs (weld on) for the diesel motor mounts.
2) Radiator is way different. Plus hoses.
3) Air Cleaner assembly and hoses.
4) Inner fender panels if you want to mount the air cleaner cleanly and correctly.
5) Throttle pedal, relay brackets, cable and linkages.
6) Hand throttle cable (optional but very usefull)
7) Exhaust system complete from the flange gasket back, including hangers.
8) Vacuum source (alternator mounted pump or aftermarket fender mounted alternative)
9) P/S hoses and cooler
10) EDIC wiring, relays and such
11) Small electrical supplies to re-route the F motor wires to the H motor sensors and alternator.
12) Diesel specific bell housing, flywheel clutch, throw-out fork and hydraulic slave cylinder.
13) Tach sensor and compatible meter (not sure if gasser meter is compatible).

That's all I can think of at the moment. There's probably more but I haven't had my second cuppa this morning.

Rick

Last edited:
...2) Radiator is way different. Plus hoses....
...12) Diesel specific bell housing, flywheel clutch, throw-out fork and hydraulic slave cylinder.... Rick

What type or radiator does the 2H need?
Where can I find the flywheel clutch, throw-out fork and hydraulic slave cylinder?

Thank you all so much for your help.

-Ian

Iluders go to 4Wheelauto.com they were very helpful with me . i did a conversion with a 3B. ask for Dan Kublick.

What type or radiator does the 2H need?
Where can I find the flywheel clutch, throw-out fork and hydraulic slave cylinder?

I used a radiator from a diesel truck for my diesel motor. Works great!! ;)

Spector Off Road is building on their knowledge, adding to their parts identification, catalog and inventory to assist guys like you and me with our conversions. Give them a call for your clutch components.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom