2F TBi. Weighing options. Howell/Downey/AFI/MegaSquirt. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also
The GM wiring harness and computer has a digital ratio adapter, that according to the wiring diagram, the VSS feeds into, and then the digital ratio adapter then feeds a signal the ECU. Should this digital ratio adapter be eliminated or should I keep that in the setup?

View attachment 1141299
I live in Utah and never do any water crossings deep enough that I am concerned about the motor ingesting water.
If I can't get the 2F air cleaner to work, I was thinking something like this filter kit, but with a paper element filter, rather than a oiled gauze style.

Do you have a link for this kit? My search skills are lacking.

On the VSS side of things, would it be less likely to cause issues on a non NA rig that has no egr or emissions equipment and a manual trans?

Do you have a link for this kit? My search skills are lacking.

On the VSS side of things, would it be less likely to cause issues on a non NA rig that has no egr or emissions equipment and a manual trans?

No. But I think I just searched Air Raids site for an intake setup for a 1991 4.3 V6 GM pickup.

On US Spec rigs, installing TBI effectively eliminates all of the emissions controls and control functionality, effectively yielding a non North America spec rig.

VSS is required for GM fuel injection without significant modifications to the ECU code.
Downey has reiterated that ad nauseum in multiple threads.

No. But I think I just searched Air Raids site for an intake setup for a 1991 4.3 V6 GM pickup.

On US Spec rigs, installing TBI effectively eliminates all of the emissions controls and control functionality, effectively yielding a non North America spec rig.

VSS is required for GM fuel injection without significant modifications to the ECU code.

Thanks, I found that intake kit while trawling summit last night. I'm fairly well sold on one of the self learning efi kits now, Fi-Tech has a neat looking kit for applications up to 400hp.

I hate to be the bearer of good news, but mine ran great without a VSS signal :grinpimp:

I hate to be the bearer of good news, but mine ran great without a VSS signal :grinpimp:

My project has been stalled.
I'm starting to think that I am going to do Fuel Injection via LM7 :D

That's cheating! :eek:

It would get a 2UZ if all options for getting that particular motor weren't ridiculous. Oh, and if it had any aftermarket support in regards to swaps... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom