2F TBI Distributor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.twistedandes.com
Hello

I'm Planing to go to Fuel injected 2F, I have a lot of information, and a .bin to burn EPROM, but I could't understand how to conver my distributor to computer controlled distributor.
I haver installed aGM HEI distributor (Vacum advance) and works great, but I don't know wich module I must buy to remplace my actual module.
anyone have pictures and info about this conversion, and 2F TBI conversion?

Thanks.
Facundo Lozano
Santiago, Chile

but a lot of 2F TBI use rhe EST

Better milleage?

On customefis.com say me tah must be use a Corvette module.

A couple of things, I ran 2F TBI for almost 3 years without controlling ignition. I chose the DUI, let it run stand alone, and was very happy. I have heard others had trouble.

To run a GM HEI with ignition module is not a big deal. The pickup is different (7 wire) and you need the ignition module which is mounted inside most distributors. There were instructions somewhere how to lock down your stock distrigutor and connect it to the gm module. I think this is what Downey suggested.

You have a .bin file, thats a start. Do you have a burner? Can you tweak it? Respectfully, thats a lot more involved than getting the distributor.

I am not an expert, but I know when the craze for TBI hit, I was all over it, researched and evaluated many options, and have NO regrets for my choices. One of the most common questions I got when ttalking the guru's, was "why are you trying to control the timing".

Yes I passed on the DIY setup, the whole chase down parts from the yards, hope the sensors and used throttle body were good, and hours of modding the harness so I wouldn't be embarressed when others saw it. Then the attempts to tune it, the added expense of troubleshooting, I went for a sure thing and was very happy. My old system resides on polak's cruiser now and we expect him to get many more years out of it!

Thanks Mike for your opinion.

I'm Live in Chile, and is more complicate obtain help in this areas.
I'm going to buy a pocket programmer, and UV eraser, I'm planing to experiment trying to tune my 2F TBI.
If you say thath you dont use EST, muy be is a good idea.

do you have pictures about your TBI setup installed on your 2F?

Thanks
Facundo

Are you guys doing the GM based system? Here's some good information on doing these from scratch.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

The difference in running with computer control timing is obvious so converting your HEI to seven pin module would be the way to go. The problem with running a stock electronic ignition is the "tach signal" The ECM needs a clean signal in a specific shape for the ECM to read correctly. So you need a "tach filter" . By the time you find/buy one of these your still only a fuel system. You could have had the Large Cap HEI Distributor converted by then and had a Fuel/Spark system.

Hi
I am doing a Gm TBI install on my 76 fj40 and wish to control the spark & fuel with the ECM.
cant get the ref. sight to open any suggestions.

Al

Good read.

eBay Guides - HEI Ignitions--A primer

If you want the computer to control it I'm assuming you would have to switch to a 7 pin module. I have a friend that sent his HEI off to have this done. But I'm not sure how they got around this. Your gonna need to lock the mechanicals.

I have yet to find an article that shows the conversion for a HEI to TBI 7 pin. I'm sure it's been done though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom