2F spitting oil after warm up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm interested in purchasing a 2F out of a FJ60 (I know 40 series forum, but I figure everyone would let a 2F question slide).

The motor started without issues, but after it warmed up, idle decreased and oil began to spit (very lightly) out of the exhaust manifold collector where there was a small leak.

It also began to smoke as you might have guessed.

We shut it down and I pretty much dismissed any thoughts of purchasing it.

When I got home I started to think about how nothing made sense with what had happened.

This is my only thought; Is it possible that the oil drains from the heads were plugged causing excessive oil build-up under the valve covers?

I'm considering going back over there and checking oil level before and after warm-up. maybe check PCV?

I thought the engine was a waist of money. Even after it was warmed up it ran badly and the oil past the rings was an impressive sight. The price the guy wants is outrageous. The vehicle has 187K of some serious abuse. He has the audacity to say that is a great engine. It needs a complete rebuild, if it can be rebuilt. I was looking for a spare to use when I wanted to rebuild mine. I was so under impressed that I did not bother running a compression and leak down test. It would not surprise me if there are cracks in the head or block or both.

LOL was wondering when you were going to chime in on this. How you been. Tim told me of your interest with it was short lived.

p.s. he said pretty much the same thing that you just said.

Why after it warmed up though.

wouldn't the oil rings burn that way constantly?

Sean,
Howdy! It could also be oil from very worn guides with worn-out seals. It would take longer for oil to reach the guides in sufficient quantity. I would not be surprised if it did not have a number of broken piston rings.
I've been busy the entire past month with landscaping and irrigation work (got to beat that dry heat), need to take a break and come see that baby you're working on.
Bear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom