2f rebuild and turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok now i have a 1975 fj40 with a stock but supposedly rebuilt 2f however ive had some bad blowby for a while and early this week yanked the head to find a .5mm ridge on the cylnder wall 5mm from the top of the block (not good imo)

so my intentions are bore the cylnders out get oversized pistons new bearings seals and gaskets

then i want to wack a small turbo onto it
ive looked around a bit and cant find any stock cam specs

basically it will be ran on straight lpg(propane to you americans) and is mainly used offroad and weekend fun in the sun

i can get 1mm oversized pistons from a few suppliers so recon if i can take it out that little that would be sweet supposedly this engine was rebuilt in 2000 and i sorta beleive it but its had a hard life since then

anyone got any ideas ive never delved inside a engine before but the 2f seems simple and i recon i can give it a shot at work where theres a few more experianced mechanics that can help me out

What exactly are you asking?

The 2F is a very simple, straightforward motor..

"lpg (propane to you americans)"

So if I am not "American" what would that mean to me???

In my opinion if you are going to wack that turbo onto it it may crack the housing..that is if you have not already stripped the head bolt holes by yanking the head off

That's just my opinion.

keep us posted.

Last edited:
basically what im asking is
what size turbo should i use?
is there anyone that does a cam to suit lpg ??
what are the weak points in a 2f and what can i do to strengthen them

and if your not american it means LPG LOL

LPG = liquid propane gas...

No matter the country..

Get a T03

lpg = Liquefied Petroleum Gas here in aussie LOL

cause here its not 100% propane they mix crappy butane in with it cause its cheaper and we have craploads of it

flaminbandit said:
basically what im asking is
is there anyone that does a cam to suit lpg ??
what are the weak points in a 2f and what can i do to strengthen them

and if your not american it means LPG LOL

Go to a good cam shop and talk to them about what you want.

Weak points are oiling - see my ROTW thread for what I did - it worked for me but there are other ways as well...

wow some awesome rebuild info there andrewfarmer

7300 is scary from a 2f

im not after huge power just enough to keep ahead of the 3b diesels in the club and a stock sick 2f does that LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom