2F Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Hey! So as some of you may know, my 40 didn't start off with a 2F so I didn't really have a template from which to work. Will you all play "Name that Component" with me?

What are 1-3?

4. is the dipstick (I have that)
5. is the distributor (I have that)
6. is motor mount (don't have that)
7. is the mechanical fuel pump port/mount? (I don't need that)

Apologies for my ignorance. This is my first 2F build. Thanks in advance.

1557615979984.png

1 = mount for air filter housing.
3 = hose that goes to air filter housing

This is my '84 2f with the original '78 valve cover and air filter housing.

20190511_180612.jpg

Thanks @45Kevin! So my valve cover has an air intake hose built into the top. Is #3 in my pic for PCV? I won't be running OEM air cleaner (maybe early cleaner adapter to the TBI).

OK. I looked again. ^^^^Alternate facts.

#3 goes to intake manifold.
Hole in rear of DS of valve cover goes to air filter housing.

The orange hose comes from the lifter cover. It goes to to T in front of the green elec. connector shown in this pic here.
My truck does not have a PCV valve. It's Canadian spec.
I know nothing about the TBI that guys put on the 2fs.

20190511_194759.jpg

Without PCV you will leak oil on main seals. Side cover has PCV valve hose to intake. Valve cover goes to air filter so you circulate clean air into motor.

Without PCV you will leak oil on main seals. Side cover has PCV valve hose to intake. Valve cover goes to air filter so you circulate clean air into motor.

Thanks Will. I am still deciding if I'm gonna do some retro setup with an early air cleaner assembly, or go more modern with a cold air style setup. Either way, I'll have a PCV valve inline.

Picture # 1: 6 is actually the oil filter mounting point. 7 is sitting on the edge of the engine mounting point. The fuel pump hole you can get a blockoff for.

Picture #2: #1 is the engine mounting point. #2 on my Fj60 is where the EGR cooler mounts ( I think) #3, I think is where the bellhousing support strut, exhaust brace or something like that bolts on. #4 if it goes into the water jacket is where some guys are getting their ECT input for fuel injection.

Picture #3: #1 and 2 are air cleaner mounting bolts. #4 I think is for a clamp that holds lines or something, depending on year. #5 and 7 etc, are air injection holes. The others along that side are water, if they have pipe thread and go into the water jacket. Rear one is heater source I believe. I think the one that goes back into the thermostat housing is the final stage along the way. Mine runs out of the rear head hole, into the heater core, down to the oil cooler then back up to the thermostat housing. #9 and 10 are where the steel heater line runs back to the thermostat housing.

IMG_20180312_225129.jpg

IMG_20180312_225134.jpg

IMG_20180312_225346.jpg

Picture # 1: 6 is actually the oil filter mounting point. 7 is sitting on the edge of the engine mounting point. The fuel pump hole you can get a blockoff for.

Picture #2: #1 is the engine mounting point. #2 on my Fj60 is where the EGR cooler mounts ( I think) #3, I think is where the bellhousing support strut, exhaust brace or something like that bolts on. #4 if it goes into the water jacket is where some guys are getting their ECT input for fuel injection.

Picture #3: #1 and 2 are air cleaner mounting bolts. #4 I think is for a clamp that holds lines or something, depending on year. #5 and 7 etc, are air injection holes. The others along that side are water, if they have pipe thread and go into the water jacket. Rear one is heater source I believe. I think the one that goes back into the thermostat housing is the final stage along the way. Mine runs out of the rear head hole, into the heater core, down to the oil cooler then back up to the thermostat housing. #9 and 10 are where the steel heater line runs back to the thermostat housing.

Wow, thanks Will! This is exactly the info I was looking for.

The air rail for the emmissions control also used pipe thread. 1/8" NPT, I got the plugs for mine at Home depot when I pulled the emissions system off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom