2F Lokar Throttle Cable with Holley Sniper Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi IH8Mud Community,

First thank you for the decades of forum posts that have allowed a lurker like me to trouble shoot and fix my bought sight-unseen and highly disappointing new-to-me 1984 FJ60 dubbed Orwell. (despite its many quirks it refuses to die and keeps on kicking so I keep trying to make it better).

I recently bought a Mosley Motors Holley sniper kit to install on my FJ and have spent the last two days cursing and questioning my decision making while getting most of the system installed. This morning I was able to successfully fire it up for the first time with the Sniper and all seems well. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out the Lokar throttle cable. the trusty build threads I have relied on so much have not offered much help so here I am reaching out into the ether for assitance.

Specifically, how do I connect this cable to the accelerator pedal and in what orientation is it typically mounted to the Sniper? I was hoping to complete this project this weekend and you all are my last hope of that possibly occurring.

Thanks in advance.

Hi IH8Mud Community,

First thank you for the decades of forum posts that have allowed a lurker like me to trouble shoot and fix my bought sight-unseen and highly disappointing new-to-me 1984 FJ60 dubbed Orwell. (despite its many quirks it refuses to die and keeps on kicking so I keep trying to make it better).

I recently bought a Mosley Motors Holley sniper kit to install on my FJ and have spent the last two days cursing and questioning my decision making while getting most of the system installed. This morning I was able to successfully fire it up for the first time with the Sniper and all seems well. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out the Lokar throttle cable. the trusty build threads I have relied on so much have not offered much help so here I am reaching out into the ether for assitance.

Specifically, how do I connect this cable to the accelerator pedal and in what orientation is it typically mounted to the Sniper? I was hoping to complete this project this weekend and you all are my last hope of that possibly occurring.

Thanks in advance.
I would reach out to @FJ60Cam

I installed the Lokar cable both ways. First time installed the bracket on the front of the Sniper. Ran the cable under the Sniper looping it back towards the bracket. Worked but made the the throttle response very touchy especially off a start. I then installed a Holley bracket to mount the cable coming from the back. Had to angle the bracket from square to fit the cable around the brake booster.

Then installed lHolley lever extension which made the throttle response more progressive. Soft on the the bottom and more responsive mid to top. Moving the cable approaching the Sniper from the back made a major difference. Takes a little finesse to work the cable comfortably around the booster. Was at first a little concerned at the angle of the cable from the bracket to where it attaches on the Sniper. Doesn't seem to bind at the bracket.Pic of Lokar cable install

Redline landcruisers has a simple solution, you’ll have to call the shop though, it’s not listed on their website yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom