2F hybrid question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
A quick question about the 2F hybrid motor. I was wondering if any year 2F block will work with the 3FE head. If not then what years will fit it? Thanks.

i know an f head will fit but not sure about 3fe :doh:

[quote author=red64toy link=board=1;threadid=10904;start=msg97975#msg97975 date=1075752205]
A quick question about the 2F hybrid motor. I was wondering if any year 2F block will work with the 3FE head. If not then what years will fit it? Thanks.
[/quote]

Not any 2F block. I believe the latter 2F block (1982+) maybe? Someone will have the exact date.

Thanks a lot. :) Are you running this hybrid?

[quote author=red64toy link=board=1;threadid=10904;start=msg98560#msg98560 date=1075835772]
Thanks a lot. :) Are you running this hybrid?
[/quote]

Nope, I'm actually running a full 3F-E, but there are several people LCML and here that are 3F-E'd head and latter-model 2F blocked.

The 3FE mailing list has alot of people on there who
talk at conserable length about the very same question
you have. check it out

i guess this is just about gainin compression and stuff like that?

if so, what all goes where to improve performance?
(just askin cause it seems like y'all would know)

thanks,
malphrus

I thought it was how you can do a Toyota fuel injection install? Isn't the 3FE injected?
Ed ???

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=10904;start=msg135124#msg135124 date=1081437450]
is just about gainin compression and stuff like that?
if so, what all goes where to improve performance?
[/quote]

The 3F-E is slightly different. It has a shorter stroke and therefor can gain slightly more RPMs, and thus slightly more HP, and less displacement. Torque curve is a little flatter and lower throughout the band IIRC. It is injected as per the -E designator vs. the pure 3F.

It's a GREAT engine, don't let anyone tell you otherwise; those who have 80s curse the 3F-E in them because of course the 80's a heavy beast; they obviously never drove a BJ60.

The 3F-E is on par with reliability and longevity with the 2F.

yeah, good call degnol, ha ha (kinda forgot abt that part too)

i just remember some of my ford buds puttin 289 heads on their 302s to gain compression and stuff like that,

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom