2F HOLLY SNIPER EFI (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with vac leak. When mine was missing the map sensor plug I was getting a huge vacuum leak and the system was trying to compensate by over fueling at idle (what yours looks like in video).

When looking for a source for your switched 12v (pink wire), you want something that has no other draw or a constant draw. Tapping into the distributor power source should work because when running, it will see a constant voltage. But, tapping something like radio or turn signals can create issues because those are selectable circuits. Meaning, the sniper will be fine but once you turn your blinker on it starts seeing momentary voltage drops and spikes. I’m not thinking that being tapped into the voltage regulator is necessarily causing you issues, but I’d look for a “cleaner” tap.
Re-routed pink wire tonight right off fuse box and still have inconsistent idle. I used half a can of carb cleaner tonight and pinched off the 2 vacuum lines independently and saw no measurable change. Hard to get to the 2F manifold adapter so last step is to take it apart and check the adapter plate for leaks/torque. Appreciate all the advice. After that I’m calling Holley…argh!

I don't know the exact fuse setup of your 78, but its pretty easy to figure out a fuse that is hot during crank/run.
Check with a voltmeter. On my 72, the side of the glass fuse towards the rear of the truck is the "hot" side, so if you attach the glass fuse tap to the other end on the front of the truck is is fuse protected. Keep in mind that the pink sniper wire doesnt pull much amps it is just used to signal the relay.

The weird sucking noises that you have are the IAC jumping around. Seems like a vac leak.

What intake manifold adapter are you using? Redline?
That what I am using and I noticed that if you didn't install the correct arrangement of bolts/washers then it wont snug down 100%.
The bolts/washers in the kit aren't labeled and there are no instructions so it could be easy to use the wrong bolts in the wrong places.
Using the
I don't know the exact fuse setup of your 78, but its pretty easy to figure out a fuse that is hot during crank/run.
Check with a voltmeter. On my 72, the side of the glass fuse towards the rear of the truck is the "hot" side, so if you attach the glass fuse tap to the other end on the front of the truck is is fuse protected. Keep in mind that the pink sniper wire doesnt pull much amps it is just used to signal the relay.

The weird sucking noises that you have are the IAC jumping around. Seems like a vac leak.

What intake manifold adapter are you using? Redline?
That what I am using and I noticed that if you didn't install the correct arrangement of bolts/washers then it wont snug down 100%.
The bolts/washers in the kit aren't labeled and there are no instructions so it could be easy to use the wrong bolts in the wrong places.
using the landcruiser shop intake manifold adapter. It’s ver similar to redlines. Looks like it’s no longer available

Fixed. Advanced setting under idle control there lies an “A/C idle” setting. If it’s anything above 0% then for some reason it creates an inconsistent idle. I set it to 0 and have seen no fluctuations since. Too bad that came after hours of tearing it apart this weekend looking for vacuum leaks and fuel pressure T/S😒

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom