2F Header Flange, How To Connect? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I purchased a header from Mark's Off Road and it has the triangluar flange at the end, but I have nothing to bolt it to on the exhaust. Maybe it did from factory? but now its just a one foot downpipe from the exhaust manifold welded to the rest of the exhaust. So do I need a similar flange to weld on the downpipe to mate the header to exhaust? Can I buy this anywhere? Do muffler shops have them or can they mate the header another way. Please advise as I would like to tackle it this weekend, thanks in advance

Brian

If you have a welder, you can buy flanges from your local performance shop. Or any muffler shop could weld you one up pretty cheap. Just put it all together and drive there with the beutiful sound of a header without a muffler. Or you could buy a 2" or 2.125" clamp on coupler from any vatozone or kragens and have a quick temporary fix and skip the flanges all together

I have been running with just a header for about 4 years, Running meaning around the yard and driveway. Damn thing sounds like a cigarette boat.

I enjoyed the ride from my garage to the muffelero shop. Thought mine sounded like a radial engine crop duster.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom