2F Header Flange, How To Connect?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cabron, Jul 21, 2005.

1. cabron

cabron

Media:
    So I purchased a header from Mark's Off Road and it has the triangluar flange at the end, but I have nothing to bolt it to on the exhaust. Maybe it did from factory? but now its just a one foot downpipe from the exhaust manifold welded to the rest of the exhaust. So do I need a similar flange to weld on the downpipe to mate the header to exhaust? Can I buy this anywhere? Do muffler shops have them or can they mate the header another way. Please advise as I would like to tackle it this weekend, thanks in advance

Brian

2. snailwagon

snailwagon

If you have a welder, you can buy flanges from your local performance shop. Or any muffler shop could weld you one up pretty cheap. Just put it all together and drive there with the beutiful sound of a header without a muffler. Or you could buy a 2" or 2.125" clamp on coupler from any vatozone or kragens and have a quick temporary fix and skip the flanges all together

3. RHINO

RHINO

those flanges are evil,,, i cut them off.

4. zetasig

zetasig

I have been running with just a header for about 4 years, Running meaning around the yard and driveway. Damn thing sounds like a cigarette boat.

5. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I enjoyed the ride from my garage to the muffelero shop. Thought mine sounded like a radial engine crop duster.

Ed

6. FJ40Jim

FJ40Jim The Cruiser Whisperer SILVER Star

Media:
    Yeah, Wright Whirlwind baby! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.