2F fuel consumption... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drive slow. No faster that 50 mph and you will get improved milage.

Not good, these are heavy vehicles. Mine's a '75 with the smog ... I think the best I ever got was 13mpg. But I don't care it's mine and it's a Landcruiser.:cheers:

:confused: what is there to help - it doesn't like the fuel you give it ?

6.2 km/liter at an average of 100km/h with standard 7.50/16" tires on split rims.

plz help me about the 2f engine fuel consumption....

What kind of help? Be more specific. You may be expecting too much.

The 2F is a gas hog. You might be able to eke out 18 mpg with a perfectly tuned engine by driving slowly, but that's highly unlikely.

My California smogged 2F at 55 mph will give me 17-18 mpg on the highway, but with stop and go driving in town it's more like 12. That's with 33's and 3.70 gears.

Hello Irfan,

I have been in the same position as you except my way out was different. The 2F as mentioned above will not give a mileage better than 6km/liter, that too will a toned down driving style.
Running on a 3B currently has proved to be a better option. Current mileage is around 10km/liter with 31x10.5x15s.
IF fuel consumption is a big deal, consider an engine swap, your 2F will only let up to a certain extent.

I found out that the 2F is so slow it cant even pass a gas station.

1977 FJ55, 2F, 4 speed, 4.11 gears, 33s, about 13 stop and go, 15 highway. miles, not kilometers.

less weight that lambcrusher, of course, probably less drag, too, in a '72 softtop FJ40 - 2F, 4speed, 4.11 gears, 33s - best ever was ~18mpg on the highway (including Colorado) - typical is more around 15mpg

too lazy to calculate liters per 100 kilometers (or anything else) :meh:

I'd say that my #s are conservative, and they're what I count on getting. I get better #s sometimes, and it better that way than the other way round

Who know if the guy even still owns a cruiser? [original post date 5-3-11]

:cool:nice!

skidplate said:
Not good, these are heavy vehicles. Mine's a '75 with the smog ... I think the best I ever got was 13mpg. But I don't care it's mine and it's a Landcruiser.:cheers:

Yeah buddy...giddy freakin up.

60 miles over and through the mountains to the desert on two lane roads at 45 - 55mph. 30 miles of mostly 4X4H (a little low range) crawling around in washes and canyons. 60 miles home again. 32 inch tires (285-75-16) 4.10 rear end 2F 78 mostly stock FJ40, Aisin carb with all of the California smog stuff. What a great day! 11mpg on the nose. I was kind of tickled to get better than 10mpg.

Did I mention that it was a great day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom