SOLD 2F for sale in Northern Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I’m Zach👋🏼

I’m in the process of swapping my 84 FJ60 with a LS3 and won’t have any need for the 2F anymore. The truck was originally taken to a shop to have the rear main seals replaced… when they checked the crankshaft end play it had too much, and unfortunately that fairly common for higher mileage 2Fs. Aside from that they said they were very impressed with the condition the motor was in. I thought of just building the motor but Instead I decided it was time to put a LS3 so I can get around higher elevations. The engine currently has 231289 miles, brand new alternator, brand new water pump, new OEM Toyota oil pan, new oil pan seals, new belts, new hoses, the radiator was recently cleaned/boiled and resealed, new timing cover, and I have most of a OEM motor seal kit for it, finally there’s no SMOG.
I’m looking to get $3000 OBO for the motor and since I’m doing a swap I won’t need the stock clutch/flywheel, the clutch has less than 50miles on it and the flywheel was resurfaced less than 50miles ago and I’ll be selling those too.

If you’re interested message me at (303) 902-0091 and if you want to talk to the mechanic who has been working on the truck, let me know and I’ll give you his info.

Reactions: OSS
this should be posted in the classifieds:

too much endplay on the crankshaft? fairly common on higher mileage 2F's?

this should be posted in the classifieds:

too much endplay on the crankshaft? fairly common on higher mileage 2F's?
Thanks, I’m newer here so wasn’t quite sure the best way to put it out there… this is my 2nd 60 and the first had the same issue before I bought it, and a lot of people I’ve talked to with 60s have had the same issue. @mongoose2231 was right about the cause of it.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on the crank play / thrust bearing issue — but 3k does seem like a lot of $$ for an engine with problems…. What symptoms does this cause or what negatives do you experience?

Pardon my lack of knowledge on the crank play / thrust bearing issue — but 3k does seem like a lot of $$ for an engine with problems…. What symptoms does this cause or what negatives do you experience?
At the moment the only issue I have is the rear main seal leak, but that can’t be fixed because the crank play will end up breaking the seal again. The crank /thrust bearing isn’t an expensive fix, it’s just that if you’re going that deep into an engine you might as well just build the whole thing while it’s apart. It also says OBO

yes….. i do see obo with a starting price of 3k so i feel its appropriate to ask.
So basically needs a “while you’re at it” full rebuild or just deal with leaking rear main. got it. glws

Last edited:
yes….. i do see obo with a starting price of 3k so i feel its appropriate to ask.
So basically needs a “while you’re at it” full rebuild or just deal with leaking rear main. got it. glws
Yep, In the past 6 months all of the engine repairs/parts were done. The parts cost alone of the items added above was over $1k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom