2F engine removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ocho77

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.op-art.guru
Where in the FSM does it give the procedure for pulling the engine? Basically looking for instructions on everything I need to disconnect. I've searched through threads but have not found a definitive list of everything I need to do in order to pull it.

It's not in there. Take a close look around the truck and see what needs to be unbolted. It's straightforward. The engine with transmission is only sitting on three mounts.

And you'll overlook something..

OK -- from personal experience:

1- Make sure the Distributor connections (to coil) are disco'd or you'll fook 'em up.

2 - That rear hook bends easy 'cuz you've got to angle the engine (if you can't get it high enough) to get it out. Use plenty of straps and an engine leveler.

Who else has damaged something with engine removal ? Let's start a list so Ocho will have something to look out for.

It's not super complex, I would grab some masking tape and a sharpie and label stuff as you disconnect it.

Start in one location and work your way through it (left side and work towards the right, top and work your way down, etc.)

Enlist a partner to help actually remove it. Two sets of eyes is WAY better than one. Move it a bit and check around it. Rinse and repeat until you're clear.

Here is from my memory of my 3F so YMMV.
electrical - temp, oil pressure, alt, starter,AC, random plug under AC, xfer, tranny plugs, coil
Plumbing - Rad, condenser, heater, fuel lines, AC to cab
Mechanical - motor mounts, drive shafts, throttle cable, exhaust
Plus your clutch stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom