2F engine rebuild 'kit' cost ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick ? for anybody who has rebuilt the 2F with OEM parts. About how much was the cost of the parts - pistons, bearings, gaskets, new hoses & belts, oil & water pump, etc... basicly a rebuild 'kit', as it were

My Toy mech. friend said it'd be about 2800 bucks (including a new clutch, BTW) and that's at his cost from the Toy dealer. Does this sound right?

just ALOT more than I thought it would be

That sounds about right. I used some Toyota parts and some after market and the end result was around $2000 with the clutch kit.

I guess I see why so many opt for a Cheby swap. Rebuilding these 2F's is friggin expensive!

I guess I see why so many opt for a Cheby swap. Rebuilding these 2F's is friggin expensive!

Yeah it adds up fast. Also when you go to reinstall it you will want to replace hoses,engine mounts,bolts,water pump, radiator, and other part which bring the cost up. It cost me more than I expected.

what he had was all the internal rebuild parts, plus all belts, hoses, water & oil pump and a new OEM clutch

I still need a cam, valve springs, radiator, motor mounts and headers

Oh well, bite the bullet, do it right, and it'll be on the road for another 250k miles.....

I spent around 1500.00 in parts for a inline frame overhaul. It didn't include belts, water pump, or pistons. The lower of the engine really didn't need much just a bearing kit, dowel pins and rings the pistons were good. I do have an itemized invoice with prices just PM if you want to check it out.

B

Personally, I feel no need to go oem for some components, including internal engine stuff. It's going to be dang expensive no matter which way you do it.

BTW if you are looking for oem parts you might want to give tpi 4x4 a call, they sell a lot of rebuild parts etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom