2F Engine Proble?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by jscottclark_77FJ40, Mar 24, 2003.

1. jscottclark_77FJ40

jscottclark_77FJ40

I need some possible diagnois here! My '77 2F has had a noticeable loss in power for the last few months - felt mostly on highway hills - could be a failing vacuum advance (mentioned in my earlier thread). The engine has had a different sound too??? Yesterday I was doing some moderate wheeling and on a hill climb my 2F died half way up. It wouldn't restart on the hill so I backed down to level ground. It cranked like it laboring to turn the engine over. Once it did start and I gave it a little gas friction sounds were definite! The oil pressure was at zero. I turned her off immediately. What's some possible scenarios here?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i have the same problem going up hills but my oil pressure doesnt drop i dont think, ill check next time. i have my engine problems to so if any one can help us both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.