2F Engine Parts Question - What should go with what when selling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
Getting ready to sell some 78 2F engine parts and I want to package them properly for the new owners when they buy them. I know there is some consideration to wear patterns for mating parts and I want to keep parts together that should always stay together. What should go with what when I am selling the following items or can they all go to different people without any proper wear concerns?

Cam
Lifters
Pushrods
Small Timing gear
Large timing gear
Crankshaft

Thanks for any constructive input.

not sure if any of that has any value other than the crankshaft.

@3_puppies Hi Paul, what is the going rate for a good 2F crankshaft? That will determine if the cost of repolishing the rear main journal is justified.

Thankd

it is kind of a crapshoot, waiting to find someone that needs /wants it could be several years or it could be next week.
$150-300???? never sold one, IIRCC there was a change in the thrust bearings somewhere along the 2F year range

This is true. And WHERE they are located with respect to the buyer too. Crankshafts are heavy to ship.

As a comparison - I purchased a used STD crank, rods and pistons from a fellow cruiser near Taos last month and ended up at $400 including shipping. A deal in my opinion as my crank was shot both on the journals and on the keyway. This one was beautiful by comparison. Ended up using the rods too. Didn't use the pistons even though they were pretty decent (already OB'd).

So.... its worth whatever somebody is wiling to pay, how badly they need it, and how far they'll ship it when they need it. Some of the parts on Ebay have been there a looooong time and have been mistaken for gold filled IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom