Wanted 2F Engine Exhaust insulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruzrnutz

GOLD Star
Threads
Looking for a exhaust insulator, this part would have been bolted to the exhaust manifold at the front side which then had a tube that went to Air cleaner inlet, i believe to help warm up inlet during cold weather conditions

1638584681545.png

1978 should be Federal not sure if there was a diff on these?

there was an all metal version and a woven fabric design.

the all metal one held up better as the fabric tended to disintegrate thru the years.

not sure if the bolt pattern is the same??

I believe later model would have been fabric design.. thus the one im looking for

Looking for a exhaust insulator, this part would have been bolted to the exhaust manifold at the front side which then had a tube that went to Air cleaner inlet, i believe to help warm up inlet during cold weather conditions

View attachment 2854880

i have 17168 insulator if interested ....

Following. I'm interested in the same part, in order to pass visual inspection for a CA smog check on my '83 FJ60. A used OEM, or a bolt-on custom fab would work for me. I've seen some folks welding/fabricating their own pipes for the hot air intake tube, but that's beyond my current ability. So, if anyone has something they can offer, I'd be grateful.

Here is what is left of my 81 FJ60 insulator. Not sure if it is usable or not.
20220111_135518.jpg

Last edited:
“kbuckmas” go ahead I need a complete assy hope this gets you further along on your project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom