2F Conked Out On Highway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 79 fj40 with a rebuilt motor and i was cruisin at about 60 today down the highway when all of the sudden i hear the engine shut off completely. I had to come to a complete stop in the middle of I 75 and it cranked back up and i was off. Any ideas what caused the engine to just shut off? I really hope this doesnt happen again as i was pretty close to 18-wheeler roadkill today.

thanks,
mitch

Fuel starvation?

Eletrical anomaly?

????????

Good luck!

-Steve

Did it shut off isntantly, or did it sputter at all. Instant is probably electrical, sputter is probably fuel.

Hard to tell with the limited info.

Hey Mitch- what color is your 40? I live off I-75 just south of the perimeter, and I've seen a white 40 once near my house.

I have no idea what your problem is. ???

Hard to pinpoint when it has only happened once.

actually it shut off and i kept tappin the gas in 4th to see if it would crank back up and it did for about 20 seconds then shut off again. My best guess is some trash or something in the fuel filter.

Hey Mitch- what color is your 40? I live off I-75 just south of the perimeter, and I've seen a white 40 once near my house.

My cruiser is like a cream color and i live in marietta but my friend lives in vinings and hes got a white one so it could have been either one of us since i go over there a lot.

anyways im goin to change to fuel filter tonight and see if that helps. wierd thing is, ive had no other trouble before then or since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom