2F Camshaft bushing orientation question, help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i've done some searching however can seem to find an answer to what i'm looking for, I had my local machine shop replace the camshaft bushings in my 2F however i suspect they may have incorrectly installed number 3 bushing (counting from the front of the engine).
Can anyone confirm home many passages there are in the block to line up to the bushings for each individual bushing.

I'm pretty sure that there is only one oil passage through the camshaft.

I'm curious as to how much passages are there in each of the points on the block where the bushings have to be pressed in, there is only one passage lined up in number three however the bearing has 3 holes..

I'm curious as to how much passages are there in each of the points on the block where the bushings have to be pressed in, there is only one passage lined up in number three however the bearing has 3 holes..
There is only one passage, but it needs an in and out hole in the bushing. I don't know why there would be 3 holes in a bushing, but if 2 of them open into the oil passage it should work.

I’m fairly sure this is how it works. At the number 3 cam journal and bearing, is where oil is delivered up to the rocker assembly. The cam journal should have two holes. With each rotation of the cam, the two holes in the journal align with the holes in the bearing and the block which lets oil flow up to the rockers.

Post #3

I believe the #3 cam bearing (bushing) has two holes opposite each other that must align with the two holes in the block. Also, if you replaced the cam, be sure it has 2 holes on the #3 journal.

Last edited:
Here's a thread with a a couple of pics.

I've got this diagram but it could be better.

Oil Path 2.jpg

So this is what's there currenlty
Bushing has 1 hole and lines up with the oil passage
Bushing 2 has 2 holes and only one lines up with the oil passage
Bushing 3 has 3 holes and 2 lines up with the oil passage on the block
Bushing 4 has 1 hole and lines up with the oil passage

Based on the info provided by you guys i should be good there?

Sounds right to me. Did you check the FSM?
These guys would know for certain.
@FJ60Cam
@65swb45

Checked the FSM and there isn't any note on the amount of passages etc, just states to line up the bushing holes with the passages.

I think it’s the older F that has the cam drilled in number 2 journal instead of number 3 for oil passage to the rockers. And maybe the hole positions are different on different engines. I’ll guess you’ve got a set of bearings that cover multiple engines. Like maybe “THESE”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom