2F Aftermarket Alternator Bracket Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to start a thread to see if there is a need for these 2f alternator brackets. These are used on stock 2f engines but are basically impossible to find nowadays. At least I have not been able to find anymore. So I was going to have some made for my own uses but wanted to see if others have an interest? I will most likely make a limited run unless there is more demand. The kit would come with the main bracket that mounts on the passenger side of the engine when doing a minitruck power steering conversion, the tensioner bracket and the tensioner bits and pieces.

Thanks much for your responses!

Noah

IMG_4399 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I'm only set up for copper/brass sand casting. With a image from an original bracket, I am wondering how difficult it would be to cast a iron copy.

I have mine set up on the lower driver's side and have saved the original 2F bracket if I ever need to relocate for a power steering upgrade to my 40.

correct me please if I am wrong but he only sells the tensioner hardware?
I'm only set up for copper/brass sand casting. With a image from an original bracket, I am wondering how difficult it would be to cast a iron copy.

I have mine set up on the lower driver's side and have saved the original 2F bracket if I ever need to relocate for a power steering upgrade to my 40.

hello folks .... :)

somewhere in time
2021 i had a late night PIPE DREAM and it consisted of STAINLESS STEEL .....
- that mid summers late night dreams of mechanical artistic granger have a story and chapters now , some of which are still NOT written , and this is what gives me the spark to dive ever deeper into this topic as a whole ....

- then some hard pushing and indeed a few bumps in the road had to be fine tuned to a even finer fine fine ,,,:idea:

16381-61011 / 16381-61012 was both alive once again and re-born at the same time window ...:cool:

1682756868048.png

- my well established tensioner kit # 2 was already line up and ready to serve here too , that was a unique prize moment when that clicked :idea:

- some magical things started to un-fold here at this key moment in time too , like a indeed self enlighten that doing what i did way back i T-TEN , actually was setting me up and grooming me all along on its own without my knowledge to come up with some indeed EXPERIMENTAL concept vision ideas and problem solvers too , some opf which i had NO idea were even problems at all ?

- i hatched the IDEA and SKUNK-WORKS Clandestine PLOT Mission to simply Reproduce ALL the Land Cruiser Engines Alternator belt tensioner bars sam ein kind out of nickle infused alloy NON-POLISHED Stainless steel , EXACTLY like BOTH Fuel Door catch Strikes .....

- no expensive plating

NO rust

NO wear factor at play !

- i mean how much more F#CKING better can and could it be right ! :lol:

-

1682757687068.png

1682757699385.png

1682757811841.png
1682757802601.png

1682757819888.png

1682757828511.png

1608715091159.png
1608715107654.png
1608715122267.png

- and here we are and there we go , into the wild and unknown ....:D
i started to become more fond of a Genuine NippinDenso
27020- / 27060- more and more each day , like a crush on the Hottey HOT HOT GOTH Chick Sara Gilbert on the TV sitcom Rosann growing up ...:princess:

out came a SET of TWINS of my own , and it was indeed special to have @pardion HONER ME by installing the first of 2 , OEM perfect Reproduction STRAIGHT bars to his Siamese F :D

1682758436516.png

1682758453851.png

well , this is truly surreal to carefully and accurately document this particular path and journey into the wild for me , i think of all the trips to machine shops and hours upon countless hours on the phone with one of the most gifted and selfless individuals i have ever encountered in the Vintage Land Cruiser Community now at age 48 , since age 15 and 9 months learners permit in my 12/78 FJ40

@cruisermatt from CruiserMatt's Power Trian Chassis in Winter Park Florida is good people in our Community for sure :popcorn:

download (5) - Copy.jpg

ok , enough chatty matty here , 🤣

i will let my past words update you on where the Future is taking itself as i do my thing i do , for people like you ....🙏

1630748164507.png

that all looks great, thank you, but my question was if you make the bracket that bolts to the engine that hold the alternator? I will order a few of the tensioner bracket kits from you here soon.

N

basically impossible to find nowadays. At least I have not been able to find anymore.
Really? I was able to find used bits and pieces fairly readily. I do know people though, and i used some Matt's hardware.

Really? I was able to find used bits and pieces fairly readily. I do know people though, and i used some Matt's hardware.
yes really, how long ago did you try? sor is sold out on brackets and tensioners, and could not find any other sources. I did not try mud but in my biz I need reliable sources so yeah trying to align those thx. N

yes really, how long ago did you try?
Ok, you got me there, it's been 20 years for the lower mount, which bolts to the block, but less than a year for the upper stuff.
Have you tried Mark A.? That junkyard in Co.? There's a guy in my neighborhood who probly gots one but he's out of town.
Tried Georg? Heck, maybe even Kurt has an idea.
sor is always my last resort

Ok, you got me there, it's been 20 years for the lower mount, which bolts to the block, but less than a year for the upper stuff.
Have you tried Mark A.? That junkyard in Co.? There's a guy in my neighborhood who probly gots one but he's out of town.
Tried Georg? Heck, maybe even Kurt has an idea.
sor is always my last resort
again, looking for more reliable sources, thus making a batch myself if they are not already done by someone else. N

that all looks great, thank you, but my question was if you make the bracket that bolts to the engine that hold the alternator? I will order a few of the tensioner bracket kits from you here soon.

N
FWIW: Here is the bracket I use with an A/C compressor. I would guess you could use it with only the alternator? This would put the alternator in a lower position.

Vintage Air Bracket 158217

img_9671-jpg.3215439
img_9689-jpg.2756000
img_9719-jpg.2756753

sor is sold out on brackets and tensioners, and could not find any other sources. I did not try mud but in my biz I need reliable sources so yeah trying to align those thx. N

again, looking for more reliable sources, thus making a batch myself if they are not already done by someone else. N

you never said how many you are looking for
off the top of my head I can name 3 members here on mud that most likely have a dozen plus brackets.
I'd say post in the classifieds here on mud, if you don't want to, and want to have some made. go for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom