2bbl rochester on the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got this carb with autochoke (my old rochester one was manual).

i'm sure many of you hate the idea of this carb on a 40, but get used
to the idea because i'm not changing to a different one, and i don't want to debate the issue.

if someone who knows rochesters could help me.....
there seems to be a rich-lean dial on the choke, as well as some port in the center. i assume the port is supposed to read temperatures of the engine, but i don't know what hose to run to it. i also don't have any idea how to set the choke to rich/lean.
any help would be great.

YOWZA!
i just bolted this new rochester on, and it's day and night from my old one.
i haven't tuned it at all, and it idleing smoother, accelerates smoother, pulls from the line without chokeing and coughing, and you should hear it sing while bombing up a snowy hill.
i am so glad i finally decided to swap on a new one, it's like having a brand new engine!

The Rochester 2GC is a good carb, but there are many different models. Stove heated models had a pipe connecting it to the exhaust, while electrical models had a wire. You just turn the choke until you get enough choke clusure at your ambient low temperature and it opens fully at operating temp.

i don't know how much is enough at ambient temperature, but i think i can get it to open fully at operating temp.
thanks for the tip.

Did You Find Your Newer Rochester At A Wrecking Yard, Or Did You Buy It New? My Wife Has A Holley 2 Barrell On Her 40, And It's Acting Up, I've Been Thinking Of Rebuilding It, But It Doesn't Do Too Well On Inclines, Can't Exactly Fork Out The Money For A Weber Either. How's The Rochester On The Inclines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom