$2950...? Good/Bad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went over to Molle today to get some stuf out of my truck, got two prices from them for an A440F, $2950 used with 88,000 and a year parts and labor warranty. OR $4350 New.
Oh I might add when I got the stuff, they left the truck open...and when I opened the door, I got the 'key still in ignition' beep....So I open the door *beep beep beep*:confused: look at the ignition...they just yanked the key out of the ignition instead of pushing the button, turning off the electronics, then taking the key out. :censor::mad::bang::crybaby:

Fair prices?
-Carl

I didn't know it was possible to get a new A440F...

FWIW, I spent about 4k total for my rebuild.

I didn't know it was possible to get a new A440F...

FWIW, I spent about 4k total for my rebuild.

you can still get the A440F from toyota and that is about what they cost. You could do better on a used transmission for sure.

Cam

Just curious if for the price of the new auto if one could get a new H55 and have it installed? :hmm:
Has to be close I would think. Maybe not.

Two more options. I've been following your threads (sorry it's never fun to have something like this happen.)

1 - swap your other Auto over into the one you want to keep.
2 - 4sp or 5sp swap. (4sp can be very inexpensive), but if you have the money to rebuild/replace the auto - go w/ the 5sp!

nothing new i'm sure, but my .02.

Good luck!

rob

I dunno autos, but for $3k, couldn't you buy a used 62, grab the tranny and part the truck to make most or all of your money back? That just seems like a lot of cheddar.

I would take the $$$ you are going to spend on the tranny and buy a new "to you" 60. maybe this one ???1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60

sell the other two 62s you have for parts and call it good ;)

Whats the name of the 4spd? S I can take it into consideration. But yet again, my problem with the manual conversions is not that I dont want to do it, its that I cannot find a shop that has the know how to....does anyone know of a place?
Also the used tranny has a year warranty on it so that may be why its more expensive. Just a guess
-Carl

Carl - 2 4sp options. someone will correct if i'm wrong. H42 (US) and H41 (non-us) - 41 has lower first gear for offroad.

H42 can be found from those of us that have swapped to 5sp for little $.

Also - check out cruiserparts.net they have some 4sp's, 5sp's, and autos, and conversion kits for a 62!

I like cruiserparts, but i got my 5sp for a lot less - FYI.

cool stuff:
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 FJ62 Parts For Sale

GL!

Rob

Quesiton Rob, right above the blue box about the H55, is that the 4spd? If so which on is better? ( if there's a difference) 81-84 OR 85-87?
That would save some $$$ right there, but then theres the cost of labor, and finding a shop that could do it. Dare I say dealership?
-Carl

someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the 81-84 4spd is shorter in length than a 85-87. otherwise the same

Acadia, for future reference, do you know of any Cruiser shops around?

-Carl

Unfortunately there are none that I know of in the K.C. area :frown:

:crybaby:, Well that aside, do you fellas think that the dealership could install my new tranny without :censor:ing things up as those places tend to do...?

-Carl

I wouldn't think they would have a problem installing the auto but doing the manual swap might be another story. my .02

Alright, well as of now it looks like ill be giving cruiserparts a call tomorrow. :):cool::bounce::bounce2:
THANKS FELLAS :beer:
Gotta get my loud ass tractor back on the road:grinpimp:
-Carl

:crybaby:, Well that aside, do you fellas think that the dealership could install my new tranny without :censor:ing things up as those places tend to do...?

-Carl

If you do get stuck with the dealer, ask for the oldest mechanic there, and then interview him. Make sure he has replaced an A440F in an fj62 before. Nowadays, many dealerships have forced their mechanics to work on commission, so you should be able to pick the one you want. They should also give you a set price for the swap, not an hourly rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom