285s, should i raise spare tire carrier underneath? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm only putting on 285/75s on, but curious if i should up the spare into the frame-rails more. Thoughts?

Are the potholes that BIG in NY? :D Seriously, it's easy enough to do, why not? It takes all of 30 minutes and 2 beers!

potholes have gotten crazy, thats why im upping the tire size ;) Suggestions on what to use for spacers on the cross bar?

I would do it, but I've got some emisions stuff up their on the '07 that would be a PITA to relocate.

My 285 hangs down like a big ol' turd!

I would do it, but I've got some emisions stuff up their on the '07 that would be a PITA to relocate.

My 285 hangs down like a big ol' turd!

Emissions, skemissions...just rip that s*** out! Kidding.

just took down the spare, looked around to see it in 3D and put it back up....now im dirty and still at square one. Looks the same as in the FAQ thread, curiosity makes you very dirty. I'll attack this problem maybe this weekend, going to look for some longer bolts and something suitable for spacers first.

Hmmmmm???
ToyotaLandCruiser.jpg

Hmmmmm???
Haha... looked like my Cruiser before slapping back the original rims back. I currently have 285/75/16 with AHC with no problems.But my 100 comes with the swing-out spare tire carrier in the back, not below. Chad

Haha... looked like my Cruiser before slapping back the original rims back. I currently have 285/75/16 with AHC with no problems.But my 100 comes with the swing-out spare tire carrier in the back, not below. Chad

show-off

Not showing-off... just want to mention that the BFG AT 285/75 do fit fine with the 100 equiped with AHC and have not experienced any rubbing even with the bad road conditions & pot holes in the streets of Bangkok. Have not had the chance to try them offroad yet.

Not showing-off... just want to mention that the BFG AT 285/75 do fit fine with the 100 equiped with AHC and have not experienced any rubbing even with the bad road conditions & pot holes in the streets of Bangkok. Have not had the chance to try them offroad yet.

hehe not sayin that, about your OEM tire carrier in the back! *jealous*

Loud,
I still stand by the steel pipe spacers. They have held up very well and I have had no issues for over 2 years now. Just do it man, you won't regret it.
GB

I used the same thing over a year ago and all is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom