285/75r16 with no lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,
The wife has finally passed down her GX470 to me. She of course got a new one, funny how that works. The rig needs new tires before winter, and I can't afford to do the lift at the same time. I currently have 16in rims, and would like the match the size I'm running on my 80 and tent trailer. Has anyone attempted 285/75r16, and if so how much and where did they rub. Hopefully this setup will only be temperary, but if it a non starter I'll run cheap ones until I can do both the tires and the lift. Thanks.

33s will rub with no lift, especially when turning. You could trick the airbags (rear) and have spacers installed on top of factory coils (front) to get a higher run height and clear the 32.8" tires for a lot less than a lift.

Sorry just noticed I posted in the 120 series section

Last edited:
I didnt even know the GX470 could accommodate 16" wheels. I would have much rathered those than the tundra 17's I bought.

The first thing you need to ask is will 16" rims clear the brake calipers? I think that is the reason the GX came with 17" wheels.

I have a 2007 Toyota Prado and the bigest tires I could fit in where the BFG 265/70R17 AT. I just had to cut a little the oil pan protection plate, I didn´t had any rubbing until I hit the dunes.
Anything bigger will rub for sure...

Prado 1.jpg

Prado 2.jpg

Prado 3.jpg

la foto 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom