285/75R16 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
II've decided to put an OME suspension on my 01 4runner.
I'm going with the 881 coils in front and the 906 ones in back
all riding on the Comfort shock. My question is will this lift my rig
up enough to fit the next size up in tire(285's)? And will this increase have an impact on my Overdrive. I'm going with the Michelin ATX LT2 for a tire. I went up to 32's on my tacoma
and could hardly notice a difference. Thanks!

itll give you about 1.5~2" lift. enough for a 285. probably tight for an aggressively lugged MT, but should fit. youll defnitely have to trim the lower front fender corner, and running board end if you still have them on. rears should be OK. will you be keeping the oem alloys? steelies will be heavier and youll feel that. you may drop a hundred or 2 RPMs..nothing to worry about.

thanks, I'd like to keep the running boards but maybe I'll take them off. I had to make a "pinch weld"
mod on my tacoma to fit the 32's and prevent rubbing issues. Sounds like the same kind of mod. I am planning on keeping the alloy rims.

I have an OME lift and have 265/75/16 BFG AT tires (32") and had to trim a little bit of plastic around the front fender well at full turn. I think you would be o.k. but would have to trim some.

It might be close. I am running 882's on my Dcab Taco and am going to go to 285's this month (ARB bumper front) and think I may have to add a 1" bodylift just incase. From what I've seen, 285's seem easier to fit onto 4Runners than the Taco's though. Oh, and am going to FJ80 rims for the 285's.

Ok, the 33's rub the plastic up front with the 882's and FJ80 rims on the street. I will be doing the 1" body and trimming to try and make sure they don't. Just an FYI for everyone else.

Ok, the 33's rub the plastic up front with the 882's and FJ80 rims on the street. I will be doing the 1" body and trimming to try and make sure they don't. Just an FYI for everyone else.

hey I'm running 255 85's on my D-cab, 80 rims too. I had to trim the inner fenders in front, and had to use lift blocks to reposition the axle in back, moved it back 3/4" and it's perfect. If you find you are hitting the front of the rear fender wells, that's what you wanna do.. :)

Only place I rub now is the lower valence thing below the stock front bumper, but that's a temporary condition.. :D

edit: here's 2 pics of the rear, before and after moving the axle back.
tire_stuff.jpg
liftblock_installed_again2.jpg

I've trimmed minimally in the front and hammered the lower part of the pinch weld. Still rubbing a tad. I still plan on doing the 1" body in the next couple weeks. And as for the rear, with the OME leaf springs, I rubbed with the 32's on stock rims. I'll look into relocating the axle a bit back, but dont really like blocks too much as for axlewrap. I have no problem trimming plastic.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom