285/70r18 Ridge Grapplers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I’ve done a bit of research and have decided on the Ridge Grapplers for the ‘new’ 200. My question is what is the largest size I can fit without compromising reliability or having to hack off half of the undercarriage?

I’ve gathered that 285/65r18’s will work fine. - but can I go larger? How much?

It will be on a 2011 with all stock components - other than I plan to install the OEM spacers up front purely for aesthetic purposes. No bumpers, towing or other significant loads.

Really appreciate the responses!

This is probably the most asked question on the forum, so I'd suggest doing some searching and you'll find loads of info including multiple tire threads in the last week. Also I run that exact tire, and you can find out more than you wanted to know here: Builds - mcgaskins' 2016 build thread - Ruby

Yeah. I’m not trying to be a bitch about it. I spent 30 minutes searching without any concrete answers and gave up. Guess i need some more practice on the search engine.

Still would appreciat any recent experience on this.

Love you all!!!

😜

You’ll need a modest lift, potentially a kdss solution, and Choose a reasonable offset.

There will probably be some minor wheel well adjustments. In general it is the wider tires that cause fitment trouble.

Man. I have spent way more time than I wanted to on that damned thread/database.

I tell you all what. I’ll pick up the ****ing flag on that effort and update it if I can get straight answers here. Sitting through 100 pages of comments is a disastrous way to get concrete information.

Man. I have spent way more time than I wanted to on that damned thread/database.

I tell you all what. I’ll pick up the f***ing flag on that effort and update it if I can get straight answers here. Sitting through 100 pages of comments is a disastrous way to get concrete information.

Stick with stock 285/60/18 if you don't want any issues. Most get away with 285/65/18 without issues. If you go bigger like 285/70/18, you will have to do work - trimming at a bare minimum, but most likely more than that. It's pretty straightforward really.

I am very recently running pizza cutters on mine to good effect. I had very little trimming. Trouble is I have an LX and 275/80 is even narrower and taller than 285/70.

Lots of folks have 285/75 but there are many paths to the fit.

I tell you all what. I’ll pick up the f***ing flag on that effort and update it if I can get straight answers here. Sitting through 100 pages of comments is a disastrous way to get concrete information.
I’m running 285/65 18 KO2’s on my 2018, stock suspension at the present time and have no issues. 285/70’s will be my next tire, post suspension upgrade.

I'm running 285/65/18 Ultraterrains on stock wheels on my 2013.
I had zero rubbing at first. But then installed the Spidertrax 1.25 inch spacers and had to remove the front mud flaps and heat gun the front edge of the front wheel wells and also remove the little front air dam/flap thingy... Now I'm pretty much rub free at all angles.
Personally I would stick to 285/65/18 unless you really want to do major trimming/cutting/bending etc... That's my 0.02

Does a modest lift (2 inches +-) give you the ability to go up in tire size significantly or is it more the width of the tire that has the most impact on rubbing?

A lift on the 200 doesn't really give you any additional tire clearance. And yes, the width of the tire will def cause issues if u go too wide.
The 285/65/18 is the biggest you're going to get without having to fix rubs. So I'm guessing 11.5 inch is about as wide as u can get without starting to rub as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom