275/70/18 DuraTrac on a stock 16 LC- rub or no rub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time post here- long time creeper. You guys are a wealth of info- thanks a lot.

I recently added a 2016 LC and want to get some new tires on it. I have an 03 LC with DuraTracs on it and really like the tires- they've performed great.

Interested in getting some DuraTracs for the 2016- & though I've read the wheel/tire Google sheet I still can't get a clear answer on the largest size DuraTrac that would fit on a stock 16 rim.

Does anyone know if the 275/70/18 DuraTrac fit without rubbing?

If you've got pics- would love to see what the 275/70/18s look like with the stock 16 rim.

Cheers.

Stock 16" rim? Is that a typo? If not, make sure that you try fitting the wheel on the hub... I'd be surprised if it'd fit.

Stock 16" rim? Is that a typo? If not, make sure that you try fitting the wheel on the hub... I'd be surprised if it'd fit.

Pretty sure he meant it as stock (20)16 rims, which are the stock 18s that come on the 2016+.

Pretty sure he meant it as stock (20)16 rims, which are the stock 18s that come on the 2016+.

Ah, got it. Assuming that's the case, to answer the original question, I know a lot of folks have run 275/70r18 with minimal to no rubbing on stock wheels. That may require some light modification to the front lower fender liner and I doubt there'd be any issue on the back side of the front wheel well (usually that comes up with 285/70r18s or larger).

Thanks. You've got it- stock 18 inch rim on a 2016.
Appreciate the guidance very much.
Toyota dealership is offering buy three, get one free. Set of 4 DuraTracs, installed with alignment and tax comes to $938. Seems too good to be true.

Thanks. This link is for 100 Series. I have a 2016 LC.
I have seen the other google sheet for 200's and it states that DuraTracs will rub. Then there's a handful of posts on here that state that they DON"T rub. I am hoping to hear from someone who actually has these tires in use to get to the bottom of it.
Cheers guys.

I think the bottom line is if they rub it will be very slightly, and if so the fix is quick and simple. Don’t let it stop you from getting them.

I believe he is referring to a wheel spacer, to move the wheel outboard.

I believe he is referring to a wheel spacer, to move the wheel outboard.
yup. In particular your closest bit of suspension will be the UCA.

You’ll get an imperceptible rub on the UCA when turned to full lock. I never actually heard this happen. This is 275/70R18 on a small lift. The rub spots are no longer shiny because I’ve run wheel spacers for the last month. You may also have to trim the mud flaps slightly.

A336156F-348D-41EB-B43B-1D2B5C1ABE1C.jpeg

I run these tires for years with no issues with just OEM front spacer before I lifted…

Thank you. Those look really fantastic? How are they to drive with (highway)? I'm between Duratracs and Toyo Open Country A/T3.

Not terribly noisy but they’re new so we’ll see. I went with these because we’ll get a lot of snow here and from what I’ve read, these tires do best in snow short of buying studded or dedicated snow tires. If that wasn’t a factor, I’d have looked for the Toyos myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom